Bangkiller13's Application [EDITED]

Bangkiller13
MC name: Bangkiller13

Bangkiller13's Application [EDITED]

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Bangkiller13
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one): I heard about this roleplay from a guy named EpicRamen, his roleplaying characters are Abigail and Adrian Ich
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is Bangnhi (Bang-nee), I’m a Vietnamese chick. I am fairly outgoing, although I’m a bit shy at first, but once you get to know me I’m pretty weird. I am very weebish and I basically love the Korean and Japanese culture.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Putting yourself into a character, either you or someone else made and acting accordingly to what your surroundings.
What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is acting upon what you heard/seen but your actual character was not supposed to know.
What is power-gaming?
When you make your character act something that doesn’t let the other person a chance to respond. Basically like when one person says, “A hits B” where the other person does not have a chance to react to it.
What is retroactive continuity?
When you state a fact and later on you change it.
What is a Mary Sue?
A type of character that is perfect in any way.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is acting how the character you made would act, whereas out-of-character is acting based upon your own personality.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I haven’t really played any, I’ve mainly been watching EpicRamen play.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: I think Aurelia is the most important town to describe since it’s the town most beginners spent their time in. I like how the town is quite spread out and it’s shops vary in all types of things. To me it’s funny that it has a population of 300 people as I feel a city of it’s size would have more. I also read they built the tallest building and it surprised me because I expected Tyrian to have that.
Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co is the company that made the pixelball, the PC, and the healer.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Aiden Rose
Appearance:
Aiden has pale skin, matching his pale and straight white hair that flows lazily onto his forehead with his calm and unemotional red eyes. Being 4’3 Aiden would always have a perfect posture. Aiden is often seen wearing a white button up and khakis, with black suspenders and a black bowtie. Aiden usually does not have any emotions on his face, keeping a blank look. His body is small and petite, making him seem scrawny to others. Since he is young, he has a natural baby look to him, giving him an innocent look.

Personality:
Aiden usually has an awkward aura surrounding him, making those around him uncomfortable. Although he seems unemotional, he is polite and courteous towards others. He isn’t quick to get angry and likes to think through problems instead of acting out on the first thing he thinks of. He is fairly athletic. Aiden likes the adventurous feeling that Pixelmon has given him and would love to venture out and explore the world. Although he may not seem like one, he is very extroverted and likes to hang out with others. Aiden is friendly, but due to his appearance, he is very hard to approach. His monotone voice also doesn’t help him in the matter, but once you start to know him, he is very outgoing and amiable.

Biography:
Aiden was born in New Bark Town of the Johto Region. He was a small ball of sunshine. He brought happiness to others due to his bright smile that he would give to others. Although that didn’t stop his parents from fighting and taking their anger onto Aiden. Without the love of parents, Aiden became unemotional. At age 5, Aiden was left on his Grandparents’ door step. Sadly they took him in for as long as they could. His Grandparents were living on money given to them from the government. They couldn’t support him well for very long and had to send him off to a foster home. The orphanage was quite peaceful. The caretaker actually cared for the kids trying her best to give them everything they needed. A lot of the time she sacrificed her own happiness and health to care for the young. After a few months inside the orphanage another child was brought to stay inside. He went by the name of Patt and always acted as if he knew everything. He started off somewhat innocent, doing as the caretaker said and happily asking for whatever he wanted. He quickly learned how she really cared for them and, as stated above, would do whatever they needed. He began getting some of the other orphans together and abusing that fact. Asking her for things he didn’t really need and giving them out to the other kids gaining their trust. Aiden found out about this and felt terrible for sitting around watching her being used. He confronted Patt about the fact and got into an arguement with him. Aiden shouted “It’s not fair for you to get her to buy things you don’t even need!” Patt just laughed, “After all this time you really think she’ll believe you over me?” Patt pushed Aiden knowing he wouldn’t retaliate. Aiden frowned running away from his problems hiding away in his bed. He wrote a note explaining to his caretaker that he didn’t want to be found, lying that he knew where his parents were. He scribbled on the paper about how he was returning to his happy life and she didn’t need to look for him due to the Patt problems. Aiden quickly packed his backpack with anything he could find and cracked his window open just enough for him to slip out. As he slid his first leg out he remembers hearing the door to his room creak open. As he turned to look all he saw was Patt with a devious smile on his face as he waved a soft goodbye to Aiden before slipping back into the hallway. Aiden remembers chills running down his spine halfway out the window. He frowned as he left, knowing he was leaving all the problems for his caretaker. He stared down at the grass as he thought about what he was going to do. After Aiden ran away from his orphanage he remembered a weird feeling of himself being watched. He was slinking around dark alleys in the city his Grandparents lived in. He peered into every window he passed with a weird expectation of eyes looking back at him. After a few blocks he quickly turned around to look behind himself. He saw a shadow bump into a trash can almost knocking it over. He jumped startled by the unexpected sound and took off down the sidewalk. He ran for another few blocks before cutting a quick corner catching his breath in another alley. He sat with his heart pounding waiting for someone to come around the corner. A floating face from horror stories came slowly around the corner before just watching him. After timidly watching the creature float towards him unable to move, it would stop a few inches away before stopping. He reached his hand out to touch it but, it moved away out of his reach. After that day it followed him through the streets each night. Aiden starts to take interest in exploring cities. It gave him hope that one day he would be able to find a home, a home where he belongs. After a long time of searching, he ends up in Toro. He finds the place comforting and filled with people he could get along with and maybe find out more clues of his parents.

Flaws: Over thinks situations too often instead of going with the flow. Looks too unemotional, making it hard for others to tell what he’s thinking. Willing to help out others in need even though they could be bad.
Ambitions: Finding his parents or at least find out what happened to him, making new friends while exploring the world.
Starter Pixelmon: Ghastly.

Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)
https://gyazo.com/d68afcae526732e318ab36513b3e4dd6 (It’s 2x2 it’s just the hair that’s covering it.)

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Aiden rushes over to the little girl and tries to calm her down, “It’ll be okay, I’ll go and get him okay?” The girl nods while sniffing. Thinking through the situation thoroughly, he leaves the girl and approaches the tree. Looking up at the meowth, he climbs the tree and slowly approaches the frightened kitten. Eventually Aiden is able to pick up the kitten and he jumps down from the tree. Setting the kitten in the little girl’s arms, he pets her head as she skips away happily, “Thank you friend!” she yells, waving towards him. Aiden smiles internally and walks away.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Aiden looks up at the woman and calmly tells her, “Hello, my name is Aiden, and I came from New Bark Town. I came here mainly to explore the world that we are living in.” The woman looks at the unemotional child and awkwardly smiles, “How come you’re alone? Where are your parents, child?” Aiden shoves his hands into his pocket, clearing his throat before speaking up again, “I’m trying to find them, I want to come here and maybe create my own family.” Aiden’s monotone voice further creates the awkward tension. The woman nods awkwardly towards the small boy whose staring up unemotionally at her. “Well o-kay then! Welcome to Toro! I hope you find what you’re looking for!” Aiden fixes his suspenders and nods towards the woman while walking past her.
Last edited by Bangkiller13 on Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Bangkiller13's Application

Hello! I'm Misha, sorry for the delay; I've been a bit busy! Overall your app looks alright, there is a few things I'd need changed and/or expanded on however...

—Roleplay & Lore Questions—
• Although your description of power-gaming is right, I'd like for you to add an example and/or how someone can avoid power-gaming.
• Please expand upon more of your city of choice with facts. You can find some here!

—General Character Questions—
• Red eyes are strange, but I'm allowing them. Just do not be surprised if people call your character edgy or finds them strange.
- Overall the skin is alright, it seems there's a mistake in the back however with the arms. In addition the style of eyes might be out of place since they do not have whites. I'd be willing to help fix either of these!
• For his biography...
- To avoid confusion we also highly do not recommend having a character that has lived in Toro or would have much knowledge of it. There's a lot of things that new players would not know about that the people of Toro would, and we wouldn't want there to be any confusion caused from you not knowing something your character should.
- Please expand or specify why your character was abandoned?
- Where did he get his Gengar?

—Open Response Questions—
• Your Open Response Questions are good, however in our server we use third person responses! So your would be "his" and "you" would be Aiden / he.

Other than these your app looks pretty good overall! I hope to see you fix this up soon, and if you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to let someone know or add me on skype at Mishakiara! Thank you for applying, once you fix those things I should be able to accept you soon~
Bangkiller13

Re: Bangkiller13's Application [EDITED]

I edited, I hope its better now :)
Misha

Hello! There is definitely improvements, there is still a few small concerns though~

• The skin has improved, I'd make the eye whites a little less wide though! So instead of 3x2 eyes i'd recommend 2x2, like this: http://i.imgur.com/xEl6cyh.png
Correct me if it is 2x2 and the hair is just taking up the sides, it's hard to tell with a flat thing and white hair.
• Appearance has to be a full paragraph (at least 5 complete sentences)! It's a bit short, please expand on this a little bit.
• Like I mentioned before, we do not recommend having a character from Toro. Although the biography doesn't state he's from Toro in the biography, it also doesn't state otherwise. In addition, in the open response he says he's from Tyrian. Please pick an existing place from an existing non-Toro region (I recommend any regions from the games) for him to come from.
- In addition to this you'll need to add how and why he came to Toro in specific.
• Like with the Appearance, your open responses need to be at least a full paragraph (5 sentences) long! The situation with the woman and the clipboard feels a little bit short, if you can somehow expand it that would be good. Also it looks like you made a typo at the end there.

Anywho, besides all that it looks better! Once you fix it up again please post another reply, and feel free to contact me with any questions, problems, or concerns!
Bangkiller13

I added more to the appearance and my second open responses, I hope it's a lot better now :P
Misha

Hello! Sorry for the delay, but I'm back around to apps. Looks like you made the requested changes. Although I would like to note he'd have to take some sort of boat or plane to reach Toro, it states that he's from another region so that's good! I'd like to say that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime!~

Return to “Accepted Applications”