Larvitar2's Application

Larvitar2
MC name: Larvitar22

Larvitar2's Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Larvitar22
Where did you hear about us: KingKal98/CrimsonFury
Tell us a little about yourself: Im an adult by age (read teen with training wheels) who is interested in RP'ing, pokemon, minecraft and IT. My interest in minecraft is usually modded combined with the fact I enjoy pokemon a lot I find myself interested in joining this.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplay is when a person creates a character and then plays as said character, or multiple depending, in compliance with a base plot with other people.

What is meta-gaming?
This is when a person uses the knowledge of the game or people/beings in the game that they learnt outside of it in the game without finding it/finding it out in the game in some way

What is power-gaming?
Power gaming is what i believe to also be known as god modding. When one rp'er does something that would be otherwise impossible without any actions from another player or it can also stop players from acting in response to the situation at hand

What is retroactive continuity?
According to what I understand. Rectroactive continuity is when someone does something to the facts of a previous established thing. There are 3 different types. Addition which is used often to add to a characters backstory. Alteration which is the changing of an event in someway, such as perspective. And subtraction, this is when something is taken away as it couldn't have happened in the first place.

What is a Mary Sue?
A Mary Sue is a character with no character flaws or weaknesses etc. Making the character what could be called impossible/perfect.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC simply means in character, which is you playing as the character with no speaking etc about the real world or other things such as events that the char couldnt have known about but you do somehow.
OOC means out of character, which is you speaking as a normal human and not the character about current events, the real world etc.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I have no experience in playing upon an RP server but I have RP'd for long and short lengths of times in a few different roles on forums and the like

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: In the south of Aurelia lays a small cliffside village called Adamas. It has an ocean nearby and is mainly a home town however there are pixelmon breeders there and many people who go for a nice relaxing time with the idea of being closer to nature than they usually are.

Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co is a company which went through multiple different stages since its founding. It was originally founded on 980 where it had purchased various different companies in Toro and around 2 years later it entered the selling area with the Oak ball, their first attempt at selling devices that caught pixelmon, however whilst it was a decent attempt it was criticized which made them release the Silkball a year later, this however send them into a large amount of debt. A few years later they released the Pixelball which was heavily successful leading them to partnerships with Silph Co. which let them work with the Jill inbox system and then equip all the pixelmon centers with the pc and a little while after that they worked in tandem with Devon Co. in creating the fossil machine which works with the pixel ball. A year later they released a new pixelball which was much more successful. Finally in the present day they began the campaign for new trainers.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Leo Kuro

Appearance: Leo would be bout 5ft11, weighing about 150 pounds, which is underweight for his height and age. He tends to be seen wearing a black overcoat with blue pants and a white shirt. His hair is long and black and tied up in a pony tail so it doesn't get in the way when hes out and about. Whenever Leo is talking he tends to move his arms and hands rather often, trying to add emphasis to whatever he was saying with his actions. When Leo is standing he tends to be rather straight, however as he walks he tends to lean forward slightly especially in warm weather. When he is sitting it depends on the kind of chair but most of the time he will be leaning forward

Personality: Leo is a kind person at heart, even though he can seem apathetic or cold about things at times. He enjoys simply walking around with his pixelmon but he wont ever turn down a battle. He tries to use everything he can to his advantage when it comes to winning, but he wont go as far as to cheat. If he looses a battle he will accept defeat normally with a smile but from time to time he can take it badly and act cold towards the other person however when he wins he does so having a wide smile and then offers to help the other trainer get to the nearest pixelcenter most of the time. Outside of battle he is always willing to help someone else, well if he isn't in a mood, to varying degrees. He tries to understand those he views as friends but sometimes can't which he rather often escalates into an argument of some sort simply because he couldn't understand however given time he will go back and apologies for his actions. Once Leo has gained a friend, that person is a friend for life, unless they do something major which results in a permanent breaking up of said friendship.

Biography:
Parents - Regulus Kuro & Sarah Kuro
Siblings - He is an only child
Extended family - None that he knows well enough
History:
Leo grew up as a young boy in the Johto region with his 2 parents and not much contact with any extended family due to his parents having had issues with them. His parents where always kind and caring to the point, as he grew up he was almost a spoiled child where he got quite a lot of the things he wanted however he knew his borderlines even if he toed them sometimes just to see if he could get his way. Upon his 17th birthday, the year before he and his family came to the Toro region, he got a young female Cyndaquil he called Jade. he didn't go out on a journey instead he stayed around his town playing with it, other pixelmon and other trainers waiting for the day he would go to the Toro region and start his journey there. He had decided upon the Toro reigon because of its connections with the Pix Co. a place he wished to visit and because it would be a new place with a new start for him and his family

Flaws: He can be quick to anger at times, is rather forgetful and can be rather suspicious of new people upon meeting them. He tends to argue to try get a point across or escalate a simple discussion over something to said argument if he cant understand the persons point of view. He tends to drop in mood whenever he looses a battle and can act rather cock sometimes once he has actually won an important kind of battle.

Ambitions: He simply wants to have fun on his journey, getting as far as he can whilst making friends with his pixelmon and hopefully making some actual friends along the way even if their paths make them go different ways from time to time.

Starter Pixelmon: a Female Cyndaquil

Skin: Image

—Open Response Questions—
After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Leo narrowed his eyes in slight suspicion but shrugged nonchalantly. "Sure why not" he replies with a soft smile "So I came from Johto but i heard of a new place to visit, so I got my starter from the professor in Johto and came here. Where do i plan to go? Im not sure really, i guess where ever the road takes me if that is an alright answer" he chuckles before politely asking "Is that it? im rather excited to head off and explore to be honest"
You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Leo grins, eyes alight with the fire of excitement. He picks his pixelball from his belt and throws it, sending out a female Cyndaquil "Go Jade. Its time to win our first battle of the Toro Region!" He waits silently. At an unspoken trigger he shouts "Use leer and then quickly follow it up with a tackle!" as the rival trainer gave his Rattata the command to do the same. Excitement laced his voice as each pixelmon slowly wore the other down until, after a long exciting battle, Jade won. He walked over and returned her with a "You did great" before offering his hand out to the trainer he just beat "That was a great battle!"
Last edited by Larvitar2 on Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Larvitar2's Application

-waves- Hello, I'm Misha and I'll be looking over your app today! Overall it looks alright, there is a few things that'll need to be expanded upon / fixed before I can accept ya' though~

• Appearance needs to be expanded upon, feel free to look to accepted applications for examples.
• Your personality and biography is a bit short. There's a post here that can offer tips on what you can write about to expand it~
• I'll need a proper skin link before I can fully accept you~
• Also we use Pixel in replacement of Poke, so we have Pixelmon and Pixelballs~

Besides that it looks pretty good! Once you fix these problems I can look it over again; make sure you post a reply though so I know you've edited your post. If you have any questions, problems, or concerns feel free to post on the forums, send it to me via PMs, or contact me over skype under the user Mishakiara.
Larvitar2

Hello, Misha. Thank you for looking over the app. I believe ive expanded upon things needed and also changed all the Pixel and Poke replacements I had to :)
Misha

Alright! I saw you expanded the appearance section, but it needs to be expanded upon even further. We need a full paragraph (5 sentences) for this section~

Other than that, the app looks good. Once you get that done I should be able to accept you! Like before, just reply once ya' got it done!
Larvitar2

Thank you for your feedback, I believe I have done as you requested regarding the appearance of my character.
Misha

I looked it over and spoke with you a little on style. Try using the best grammar / spelling you can when you're emoting and you should be fine. Also if you make a CP later on I'd recommend fleshing out the backstory a bit more, but it fits the requirements. Anywho, overall it looks alright, and after your edits I can now say that you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime!~

Return to “Accepted Applications”