Desrosier's Application

Desrosiers
MC name: Parkinstark

Desrosier's Application

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: Parkinstark
Where did you hear about us: Friend mentioned a friend of their's played on an RP Pixelmon server. I thought I may give it a try. I do not, however, remember what friend of said friend plays-- so sorry!
Tell us a little about yourself: I spend most of my time playing video games. I attend a local college and am currently working toward an English BA. I absolutely love to write and enjoy Pixelmon. I guess attempting to join something like Toro League was inevitable.

—Roleplay Questions—
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Acting in place of your character in order to create stories within a, usually, predetermined setting.
What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is using information ICly that you only know OoCly. This is usually information that your character would not know ICly.
What is power-gaming? Power-gaming is taking control of someone else's character and/or controlling their actions/not allowing them a reaction to your action.
What is retroactive continuity? Retcons! It can be adding new information to an already existing story. It can be taking away information from an ongoing story. It can also be a change to already existing information. (Usually contradicting! Think Superman having used his eyebeams, then immediately being unable to use it without any explanation other than; "Oh he can't do that lol.")
What is a Mary Sue? A character so perfect it's unrealistic and almost painful to read. The Mary Sue tends to have no flaws. They also tend to avoid any real conflict.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? This one's a lot weirder to explain than I thought. IC are actions taken by your character and affect others. OoC are actions taken by you outside of playing your character that do not affect other characters. On RP servers, it's generally considered rude to be OoC a lot of the time. You're on an RP server to RP, afterall.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? Yes, I've been RPing for about 12 years now. (I feel a little upset with myself admitting this.) I have RP'd on Ark, Champions Online, IMs, World of Warcraft, Wildstar, FFXIV -- really the list goes on and on.

—In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)—
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing:

Viridis is a lush green town. The walkways are wooden, giving a pleasant clunk to each footstep. The main path through the town is surrounded by town-grown green melons and gently swaying healthy trees. The scent in the air is pleasant, holding the barest hints of human existence. Various spots in the town, however, give way to different and unique smells. By Viridis jelly, once can make out the scent of bread baking in warm ovens. However, it is the cake shop that causes the most flared nostrils and lip licking. Which isn't surprising-- who could resist the smell of fresh baked goods which are most certainly topped with a delectable, sweet icing? From baked goods to a theater to the TM shop, there seems to be something for everyone. The lake running through the town also gets its fair share of traffic-- but less of the human variety and more of the pixelmon variety.
Describe Pix Co.: Most likely best known for the creation of the Pixelball, Pix co. is a multinational corporation that controls the majority of pixelmon-related technological advancements in Toro.

—General Character Questions—
[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Martha Desrosiers

Appearance:
Martha Desrosiers is slender in form and stands at an average height of 5'5". There's nothing particularly obvious that stands out about the woman. Sure, she's pretty-- but there are a lot of pretty women in the world. Her face is heart shaped, her lips bordering between full and thin, seemingly always ready to flash a comforting smile. Her eyes are a deep shade of blue, hidden behind a pair of thin rimmed spectacles. Her hair falls in thick waves, the ends nearly curling as they stretch down her back. She has bangs, brushed so that a bit of her face is covered.

She dresses modestly. She can usually be found in a pair of regular brown boots with edges worn from use. From her boots, a momentary flash of white stockings vanish underneath a longer brown skirt-- surprisingly the same color as her boots. It also appears she wears gloves of the same brown. Thrown over a humble gray shirt, she wears a button up white cardigan. A cross is sewn into each arm, right over the bicep. To finish her ensemble, a thin blue hat rests on her head, just behind her bangs -- and of course a matching blue scarf. To hold some of her bangs out of her eyes, she has clipped a blue bow into her hair.
(( Hat reference: http://i.imgur.com/l9Abx9X.jpg ))

Personality:
Martha is mostly quiet. She's a humble woman of warm smiles and gentle words. She does not like to show off in any form or way. She is most certainly not the type of person to be considered a leader, either. Her desire to wear less attention-grabbing glasses is a soft display of her personality. Instead of wearing horn-rimmed glasses, she chooses thin rimmed. She enjoys helping, but even with her years of training she's a tad uncertain of her capabilities.

Biography:
Despite her shy nature, Martha has very little reason to be so. She grew up in a well-off household in Snowpoint City. Both her mother and father had their own hobbies and interests. They certainly didn't dislike each other. They certainly did not abuse Martha, either. It is then most likely that Martha picked up her quiet personality just from her lack of human companionship. It wasn't that the other children disliked her as she grew up-- she just never knew what to say or how to act. She did make friends throughout her childhood, but most of them either moved away or they simply grew apart. Martha spent most of her childhood with her nose planted firmly in a book.
This trait passed into her teenage years... And well into her young adult life. Hundreds of books and exactly seventy-two binders full of handwritten notes later and Martha had passed in pixelmon medical training. She wasn't a doctor. She never really though she'd wind up being a doctor, but she had to admit it was a passing fancy she had. Finished with what she had done in schooling, Martha bid her parents a very heartfelt goodbye and set off to explore the Toro region and learn about herself.
College: Snowpoint Community College, home of the Snazzling Snovers.

Flaws: Poor Leadership capability.
Bad with talking -- though she tries!
Nervous about being out and about.
She doesn't know how to battle officially, only experience is with wild pixelmon-- and even then she's more likely to lose.
Indecisive. Martha wants to be right and to be right the first time. Because of this, she tends to beat around the bush with her decisions, leading her to think of every outcome.
Desire to be liked: Her desire to be thought fondly of has her following the crowd more often than not, even when she believes something is off. This usually conflicts with her indecisiveness, leading Martha to simply excuse herself and withdraw when she feels overwhelmed.

Ambitions: Martha wishes to become more confident with herself and feels like traveling may be the answer to that.

Starter Pixelmon: Lapras. I feel Martha would keep something docile that could be useful for getting around.

Skin: http://i.imgur.com/UjZrE36.png

—Open Response Questions—
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Martha pauses, a tad shocked by the sudden appearance of the young girl. She squats, setting herself at eye level with the young lady as she explains the situation. A meowth in the tree? Shouldn't the fire department handle such things? Her gaze drifts to the tree, golden brows knitting in thought. She could probably climb it, but she wasn't that great at climbing. In Snowpoint, getting yourself stuck in a tree could be a death sentence if you weren't found before nightfall.
Her Lapras, however, might be able to help lift her. Was it really worth it, however? She wouldn't want to risk broken glass, branches, or sticks stabbing at the soft underside of her pixelmon. The branches were a bit too high up for her to reach on her own, however.
With a soft sigh, Martha stood up-- forcing a warming smile to the girl as she gave her head a soft pat. She slipped by her and to the tree where she began to rub the bottom of her boot against the ground. She cleared out a spot beneath it as best as she could. "Do you have a pixelball for it?" She asked in a casual manner. She tossed her own pixelball, her lapras landing on the ground with a soft thump. The large, aquatic beast gave a soft bat of its flippers as it set a curious look on Martha.
"Borrowing your shell, buddy." The blonde reached up, gripping at one of the jutting points of the gray shell on the back of her Pixelmon. The girl approached, seemingly enamored by the large pokemon even though worry still danced in her tear-stained eyes. Martha stood up straight, a hand wrapping around one of the thicker branches-- one she hoped would hold her weight. She pulled herself up with a soft hiss of effort. Just a few more branches to go.
She pulled with her arms and dug in with her feet, taking every thicker branch she could so that she didn't have to rely on the trunk. Despite her actions, however, she'd find herself slipping down an inch or two with any major movements. Before long, her hands would be sticky with sap. But, finally! The meowth watched her with focused eyes. She reached out, cooing out a soft tone in an attempt to beckon the pixelmon.
The cat lashed out, claws catching her gloved hand. Shocked, Martha released the branch in hand. The meowth leapt. Claws dug into her scalp, then raked along it as the cat pixelmon scrambled for purchase. It gave another leap and landed in the girl's arms. Martha, however, broke her fall with one or two branches. Landing with a loud thud on her rump at the base of the tree, she let out a low groan of pain. The girl was nowhere to be found. Well, mission accomplished...

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Martha seemed taken aback by the woman approaching her. She could already feel her cheeks and ears burning. She flicked her gaze away, a weak cough leaving her. Her lips quivered as she parted them, attempting to find a way to explain herself. "S-snowpoint City." She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, avoiding the woman's gaze. She stared pointedly at the ground, the red on her cheeks darkening as the lighter tones traced their way down her neck and over her chest. "I-I, uhh... I'm a Medic. F-for Pixelmon, I mean. A Pixelmon Medic. I medic pixelmon. I mean-- I make sure they're not hurt. S-so I travel, to, ahh..." The blonde lapsed into silence.
As if unsure of what to do with her hands, she snaked one up to adjust her glasses. "Toro Region is very beautiful." The hand that had been on her glasses rose higher, fingers digging into her scalp to scratch at it. "I just want to ahh-- Well, explore it. And help Pixelmon-- M-maybe? That's an alright answer, right? I mean-- Is that interesting enough? Do I need to--" She paused, noting the look on the reporter's face. Martha's cheeks puffed up slightly with air as she stared blankly at the taller woman.
A long moment of silence passed between the two. The reporter seemed to be thinking of an easier way to ask. However, Martha took a few steps back, cheeks still puffed with air. She stopped on her heel, letting it out with a quick; "Okaygoodbye." Before turning on her heel and hurrying away from the woman.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Desrosier's Application

Sorry for the delay man, I've been extra busy to look too much into the app. The app seems to be pretty good, and while I'd recommend expanding on personality a little if you create a CP it technically fit within the guidelines. With all that said, you're...
After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! Feel free to add me on skype under the username Mishakiara if you have questions or would like to be added to the skype group.

Anywho I hope you enjoy your time on the server, and I definitely hope to see you around sometime!~

Return to “Accepted Applications”