MC name: pikachick

Pikachick Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username:
pikachick
Where did you hear about us:
PlanetMinecraft after searching up Pixelmon servers
Tell us a little about yourself:
Hi! I’m Emma, a sixteen-year-old girl from Canada. I have brown, shoulder-length hair that’s usually dyed in strange colours, and blue/grey eyes. I enjoy writing novels, playing Nintendo games, and watching the Office for hours on end. I also adore roleplaying, especially in server form, like this. To be totally honest, I’m not the champion at bios, so this’ll probably come out as a little awkward. Sorry! Ahahaha.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is kind of like acting, except in a text form. One chooses a character to portray, and, throughout the experience, one thinks, talks, and acts like said character.
What is metagaming?
It’s using information in the roleplay that one knows of OOC, but doesn’t know when IC, if that makes any sense.
What is power-gaming?
It’s kind of like not giving someone an opportunity to react to something that you’ve done to them.
What is retroactive continuity?
Changing something that’s already happened. For example, let's say that, in the past, your character defeated mine in battle, and, in their most recent meeting, my character says that she beat yours. That's a retroactive continuity
What is a Mary Sue?
A shiny, perfect character that’s just SO amazing and they have no flaws or weaknesses.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC is talking and acting like the character that you’ve chosen, whereas OOC is talking and acting like yourself.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
I’ve never been on an RP-specific server, but I have RP’ed on plenty of creative servers before.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality.]
Full name:
Esther Dawn McMannon
Appearance:
Esther is a 16-year-old girl that stands at 5’4”. She has fawn-coloured hair, which is usually worn down with her bangs cut just above her eyes. Her eyes are a soft, warm brown with slight amber highlights. She also has a delicate pink bow in her hair, which compliments her baby blue schoolgirl uniform. Though, in winter, she wears a Christmas sweater that is usually described as “ugly,” and a pair of old jeans.
Personality:
Esther is a gentle soul, always wanting to ensure that her Pixelmon are fully healed, and well taken care of. She’s very outgoing, relishing in making new friends, and never turning her back on old ones. She could be categorized as the “mom friend,” as she constantly checks up on her friends, ensuring that they’ve eaten, showered, and had water recently. Esther tends to trust others easily, a fact that tends to attract close friends, but also tends to lead to her getting hurt much easier than others. She has an innocent type of humour, so many jokes tend to go right over her head.
Biography:
Esther Dawn McMannon was born and raised in Aquacorde Town, Kalos. She spent most of her childhood running around the isles of the local potion shop, as both her mother and father owned the place. This caused her to learn more and more about the various ways to heal Pixelmon with berries, potions, and elixirs; which eventually lead to her wanting to keep her Pixelmon happy and healthy. As she grew, she saw more and more trainers go in and out of her family’s shop, ultimately longing to begin her own Pixelmon adventure. She begged her parents for a Pixelmon, explaining that she wanted one that was very much like herself; sweet and gentle. One day, she was given the perfect Pixelmon for her; an Eevee!
Soon after getting her Eevee, which she named Astrid, Esther desired to begin her adventure. She told her parents about this, explaining that she didn’t want to live her life as a potion shop owner, and her parents, with beaming smiles on their faces, complied completely. On her sixteenth birthday, Esther’s mother brought home a flyer for a place called Toro. The poster promised adventure and opportunity in its bright red letters, telling the reader to book their tickets sooner, rather than later. She did, buying her tickets as soon as she could, collecting potions and pokéballs from the town’s shops, and set off to the land of promise and adventure!
Flaws:
Esther tends to trust others easily, sometimes divulging personal information that is used as blackmail later. She has arachnophobia, which means that spider-like Pixelmon (such as Spinarak, Dewpider, and Joltik) aren’t her favourite. Unfortunately, she is somewhat gullible, and easy to manipulate, due to her innocence and trust for others.
Ambitions:
Esther would love to make friends, catch more Pixelmon, and just have fun!
Starter Pixelmon:
Eevee
Skin:
Regular: https://imgur.com/a/kqIGK
Winter: https://imgur.com/a/k49mn

-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the scenarios you choose. Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Esther paused in her tracks, looking down at the small girl, “Oh, goodness,” she knelt down to the smaller girl’s level, pulling out her handkerchief in order to wipe away her tears. “Hey, it’ll be alright! I can help you get your Meowth out of that mean old tree!” she offered a gentle smile to the girl, before standing up, and walking over to the stuck Meowth. After taking a few moments to think, Esther pulled a Poképuff from her bag, standing on her tip-toes in order to entice the pixelmon, “C’mon down, you poor, little thing. I have a yummy Poképuff for you!” as the Meowth leaned down to sniff the treat, she grabbed him, patting his head as he ate the puff. She placed the Pixelmon on the ground, watching with a smile as he scampered over to the young girl, “There we are, sweetheart. He seems to like these puffs, though! Here, you have some!” she handed a few treats to the young girl, who thanked Esther by giving her a hug, and went happily on her way

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Esther smiled, looking at the young man up ahead. She picked up her pace, eager to approach and speak to the fellow trainer, “Hello!” she waved as the trainer turned towards her. She noticed the glint in his eye, causing her to slow down to a stop. “Er.. Hello? My name’s Esther, and it’s really a pleasure to meet-” she was cut off by the trainer, who sent his Rattata out, clearly wanting to battle. “Oh.. oh, no. Sorry, friend, I don’t really like to-” her eyes lowered to the Pixelmon in front of her, staring at her intently. She knelt down, much to the other’s confusion. “Hey, little friend! You really are a pretty Rattata!” Esther gave the Pixelmon a gentle pet. “You gentle little thing. I don’t want to fight you! No I don’t, no I do-”
“Uh, lady…?” the young boy looked at her, rubbing the back of his neck. “Are you gonna fight me, or just sit there and pet my Rattata…? ‘Cuz I really need ta go home…”
“Oh, well, as I was trying to say, I don’t really fight Pixelmon,” Esther gave the boy a small smile. “It’s nothing against you, of course; you can fight whomever you’d please! I just don’t enjoy the fight. I hope that’s alright with you.” she nodded as the boy withdrew his Rattata, happily standing, and going on her way.
Last edited by pikachick on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Pikachick Whitelist Application

Hello there, and thank you for applying to the Toro League! I'm Skolarr, and I'll be reviewing your app today! Overall your app looks decent and pretty well thought out, but unfortunately... there is one tiny thing that I'm going to ding you on that will prevent me from accepting your application: I need a front and back in-game screenshot of the skin to make sure that everything looks appropriate and accounted for.

Other than that, everything else looks decent! Once you've provided the screenshot, bump this thread and I'll happily accept you!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image
pikachick
MC name: pikachick

Awesome! I fixed the skins, so they should now come up as front and back screenshots! Thanks a million!
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Well that all looks fine to me! So, I suppose without further wait...

You're accepted! Please be sure to read up on the rules and join our discord if you'd like!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”