Whitelist Application - Wisc

Wisc
MC name: Xanaevics

Whitelist Application - Wisc

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Pkmn_Trainer
Where did you hear about us: Google
Tell us a little about yourself:
I've been in and out about roleplaying since around 2004, and it's stuck to me. I'm always looking for a new experience and a place to call home, although the unfortunate fact with roleplay communities is that they tend to come and go. I'm really big into not shutting up and sci-fi, as before I started roleplay I was huge into the Halo series of games. Pokemon is probably my one major weakness outside my favorite genre, and you know I'll be buying a switch for the game coming in 2018. You might be able to catch a homage to this in the city I chose as a hometown.
As for me as a person, I'm a college student, big into computers. I work as the IT Administrator at a company that works closely with quality control on equipment at places like 3M and Delta Airlines, so I know what I'm doing, but generally lack a large time investment outside of work and school, unfortunately. On the more positive side, my studies are in Computer Science and ITI (Information Technology Infrastructure), and I've coded my own Discord bot that not only supports private command channels but also instancing and travel between channels (like a
MOO/MUD, if you're familiar). Java was my first language, but I speak more hardware now than I do code.

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying, in the most simple and complex sense, is the portrayal of characters and a world by people that differ from their actual lives (usually). For many, this becomes an escape, or simply a chance to experience a life through the eyes and body of another, and potentially perform acts not normally possible. Where we stand, this allows us to experience Pokemon on a completely different level. For most of us, we won't be the next Champion if Toro ever gets a League, and we won't be the single hand responsible for defeating Team Noir. Some may rise to seek higher waters, and others will simply live as they are, and enjoy even a simple life in the world of Pixelmon.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is a common concept involving the intentional or unintentional mixing of the out-of-character and in-character barriers. While it is typically fine to discuss any and all roleplay OOC (for the most part), the issue occurs when a player then takes that information to their character and reacts IC without any other justification. As almost all serious roleplay environments go against meta-gaming, even the most basic use of OOC information can be punishable (though, some servers are a tad more lenient about allowing some meta purely to find someone else to roleplay with).

What is power-gaming?
Power-gaming (often interchangeable with God-modding) is an act where a character or the player's roleplay in general extends beyond realism or is manipulated to give advantage to the player roleplaying it. This can include - but is not limited to - forcing actions or physical damage on another player, manipulating the world (such as creating a landslide) to benefit themselves, roleplaying their own characters in a way that is inhuman or unrealistic, and using NPCs or self-imagined characters to receive an advantage. Roleplaying too much content 'for the world' can also be power-game, if it extends into what should be approved by staff members or performed by staff members, such as a major fire starting in an apartment complex.

What is retroactive continuity?
Otherwise known as 'retcon' or voiding, this is the act by the players themselves OOC to remove a previously canon experience from the timeline. If an event, series, or situation is retconned, then all information that the character remembered of the selected times and by extension any roleplay as a direct result of it is 'forgotten' as if it never actually happened. This also removes such events from any official canon.

What is a Mary Sue?
Sometimes an objective definition, a Mary Sue is often defined as a character that's simply too perfect, and often lacks depth. Attractive, skillful at just about everything, they're super heroes in the body of a mortal, and lack any density or flaws. While usually attributed to female characters, it can be fairly common to have male "Gary Stu"s as well. Characters should always be original and unique in their own regard, but that does not mean everyone should be perfect, as it detriments the experience. A character with numerous flaws and rough spots is far more interesting than an undeveloped character that can pull off amazing feats, and rough spots doesn't mean having dead parents (sorry, Batman).

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is anything that happens directly to the character you are roleplaying, or their interactions with the world of Toro. Out-of-character is anything that happens to you, or me, the roleplayers, the people responsible for roleplaying the characters. Extensive description not needed here, see Meta-Gaming above.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
If my earlier answers didn't already clarify, I've got at least thirteen years under the belt on and off. While my Minecraft specific experience doesn't extend that far, I've participated in some of the larger servers here and there, although my longest investment was on Athery's Ascended. Most of my roleplaying experience involves game-based content, I started on Runescape before I even touched tabletop content like D&D, although I love both.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Harumi Alexandra Orel
Appearance:
Standing at an all impressive 5'4" physically, Harumi doesn't quite always stack up to the crowds. Though she'd always remind she's above average coming from Hoenn (a culture based off the southern islands of Japan). With a lithe frame, any fragments of her figure are subtle yet defined, at least enough shape to be identifiable to anyone looking close enough. Though her natural hair color is black, she's a short-haired bleached blonde with subtle highlights and hazel eyes. Not the hugest into skirts, most of her clothing selection is a mix of practicality and expression, though the first is always prioritized over the latter. By extension, you'll often find her wearing a pair of clothes picked straight out of the men's section if it suits her more than the ladies.

Personality:
Standing at 7'2" mentally, Harumi rides high as an explosive and outgoing extrovert. Though she might give an air of being a bit - off her rocker to some more often than not, she’s pleasantly friendly in nature to others. At times, however, her attitude can get in the way as her competitive and proud nature might lead her to be brash and possibly rude by extension. To the same extent, her stiff and proper posture might cloak her quite opposite, sometimes immature nature.
Mixes well with her partner of the same attitude, I promise.

Biography:
Harumi Orel was born to a fair-off family in Avalon, but spent most of her life raised by her parents in Mossdeep city of the Hoenn region. Ever a rebel with a strong wanderlust, she made companionship with an unlikely friend - an injured Carvanha that had managed to find itself trapped near the shore with the shifting tides. Luckily for it, a certain little girl had snuck out past dark to find it, and the bond was born. Sort of. They tend to have some - creative differences at times, with two fiery personalities that both want to be in charge.
Naturally as a child of Hoenn and especially Mossdeep, Harumi learned at a young age to swim, and with the help of her (not so helpful) companion, could make good time travelling about the sea while dragged. Though her parents were not so supportive, she’d eventually find them reluctantly allowing her further and further from the bay and its population of lazy wailmer. It wasn’t until she completed schooling (to which she received the nickname ‘Harmony’) that they dare let her experience a proper trip around the region on her own. A whole year went by before she knew it, and with that she was bound to the verbal contract and returned to Mossdeep to work.
It wasn’t tragedy that drew her to Toro, however, but instead the expiration of that five year pact.
With her healthy parents behind her, she wanted to get away for the first time in her life. Far away, away from the family business as much as her parents. And that - that is what drew her to Toro, close enough to some relatives to keep her parents subdued but plenty far from them and the business. A place where she can strike her own mark without expectations and peer pressure weighing down on her, and she’s throwing hard to do it.
Look out world, here comes Harmony. The less you know about my past, the more you can focus on the present. After all, everything’s better with a little chaos!

Flaws:
Often Harumi’s biggest flaws are in where she succeeds. With a short-fused, high-temper personality and a wealth of overconfidence, she’ll throw herself headfirst into situations she can’t actually handle. This extends to her battling too, she’s a force to be reckoned with but at the same time her lack of patience and communication with her own pixelmon could put everything up in flames.
Like many people in the pixelmon world, she’d hope to make it more of a career than put herself into an actual job. After all, her skillset from her past work doesn’t always carry over well to the options available. It likely won’t be long before she’s faced with the reality of the cost of living and trying to make something of it. Even getting into a pixelmon related job requires hard work and dedication, after all.
Oh, and there’s still a chance that she’s just a bit unstable. Functional, but not standing on a solid foundation.

Ambitions:
Her simple goal is to leave her mark in history, and be remembered by the Toro region, if not the world. If that’s taking her own gym and eventually fighting her way to be a League champion (if the region ever is to get one), so be it. If that’s starting her own major business, so be it. If that’s climbing the ranks of Team Noir and gaining infamy rather than fame, so be it. She doesn’t want to be no simpleton, and she’s got the attitude to back that up. We’ll see how that really turns out when reality sinks in.

Starter Pixelmon: Sharpedo (Native to Mossdeep)
Skin:

-Open Response Questions-
After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
Harumi would fold her arms, head tilting as she looks to the woman skeptically. “All you need to know is that my name is Harmony, and you can bet all you got you’ll hear that name again. I’m here to bring what I offer to Toro, and it’s as simple as that.” Chin up, she’d look down at the lady, and then pause. Embarrassment flooding her cheeks a bit, she’d correct herself before the woman could give a hurt response, “I’m from Avalon though, always have always been. I don’t really know where I plan on going yet though, really. Mind pointing me towards the nearest gym - oh! Oh! Or, the nearest restaurant. I could really go for a bite” she grins, offering a bit of a snicker.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
“Oh, a chump huh? Well, why don’t you try this on for size?” With a fiery glimmer in her own eyes, Harumi would reach for her own bag, digging sloppily for a pixelball. One two three- huh, that doesn’t quite look like six! Regardless, finally finding the ball she’s looking for, she twirls it between her fingers before hitting the release and throwing. “And here comes the knockout!”
With a flash of red light, the glow of a pixelmon being summoned would erupt from the ball, filling the area. As the pixelmon de-digitalized and became an analog physical form, a low bellow would erupt as the ‘mon makes contact with the ground.
“WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLE---”
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Whitelist Application - Wisc

Hey there! I'm Skolarr, the guy who will be looking over your app today. You've probably seen me floating about the discord. Anyways, looking over your app, you've really knocked it out of the ballpark. The only thing I'd like to note is that while it's perfectly fine to start with a Sharpedo ICly, you'll need to OOCly get it yourself or have the GM's give you a Carvanha as a starter since we only give out first evolutions as starter pixelmon.

So yeah, other than that...

After you install our [Modpack and Resource Pack] and [Allocate RAM] you should be able to get on with the IP server.toro-league.com! If you have any questions, feel free to poke me on discord or ask anyone in our lovely chat!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”