Whitelist Application Example

Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Whitelist Application Example

This is an example, for the ones who need a little help with writing a whitelist application! We, the application team, are here to help you out with any questions about the process of whitelists! Our team consists of:

Mishakiara
Skolarr
stowaway8888

PM any one of them for help concerning whitelists~

*Ahem* Let's commence, shall we?
First off, copy that lovely Whitelist Application format from here.

And now, fill in your data at the right place.
I created this example of an average person with a sorta average trainer character with the roleplay questions copied and edited from the old application example! I definitely do encourage being as creative as you can when developing a character, while following with the rules and lore of course.

—Player Questions—
Minecraft Username: JohnDoe
Where did you hear about us: [Put how you found us! Did you find it on google, planetminecraft, twitter, a friend, etc? If you found us via a friend you should name this friend!]
Tell us a little about yourself: [You’d put a small description of yourself here! This is unique to the individual so I won’t bother putting an example.]

—Roleplay Questions—
~Notice!~
A lot of people have problems with this. You can use Google, Wikipedia, whatever. Because every single RP server handles a different definition, it's also beneficial to look at old accepted applications for reference too. The only thing is that you must put it in your own words; putting an example helps too if you can't word it as well.

What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is that you completely go up in a character, and think and act like that character would do.
What is meta-gaming in your own words?: Meta-gaming is roleplaying with information your character wouldn't have normally. Example: if you just meet a guy who you haven't talked to yet, but he already knows everything about you (profile, whitelist), and uses that information, he would be meta-gaming.
What is power-gaming in your own words? Powergaming is not giving others the chance to react, or time to roleplay. So if your character is in a fight it would be powergaming to say “X punches X in the face!” since it already decides the fate of the other character.
What is retroactive continuity in your own words?Retroactive continuity, also known as retcon, is changing facts or the way things went. Simply, changing facts.
What is a Mary Sue in your own words? A Mary Sue character is a flawless, polished character, with no weaknesses whatsoever.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC, meaning In-Character, is when you are roleplaying as your character. You are talking and thinking like him/her. OOC, meaning Out-Of-Character, is that you are talking like the person behind the screen.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: No. I do have some experience in roleplaying, but not that much.

—General Character Questions—
~Notice!~
Know exactly what your character is. Details like height, weight, markings, experience, jobs are all welcome.
Note on biography: Because all the characters of the anime (Ash, Brock, Cilan, May, whatevs...) do not exist, please do not make references to them. It will only mess up your story, and relations with them will make your RP awkward. Also make sure you mention how and why they came to Toro in specific!
Note on flaws: Using phobias is a fine way of adding flaws to your character, but using generally negative traits- such as being rude, selfish, or stubborn is also very good!
Note on the skin: Place a direct link. We advice using imgur. Feel free to upload screenshots of both the front and back or upload the skin itself (with the direct skin preferred).

General character advice can be found on the posts here; they give advice on how to make your biography & personality long enough if you get stuck!
http://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewto ... 125#p12125

[ There is a one paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Steven Smith
Appearance: Steven is teenager standing to height of 5’9” with an average build. He has short slick black hair that’s been greased back, leaving his bright green eyes exposed. He likes to wear a black leather jacket to fit in, though it isn’t anything special. Underneath he just wear a plain white shirt, jeans, and black leather shoes.
Personality: Steven is a polite man, having been taught to treat others how you wanted to be treated. He tries to treat everyone nicely, though he isn’t afraid to tell someone off if they’re being mean. He’s an outgoing person who likes to make new friends and see new sights. With strangers he’s a little bit more cautious on sharing information, but will quickly open up and consider someone his friend soon enough. He is very trustworthy as well, trying to never go back on his word.
Biography: Steven was born in Sunyshore City, Sinnoh. His mother was a Pixelmon nurse while his father ran a small store. His childhood was rather normal, he went to school and played outside like any other kid. While growing up he enjoyed the company of Pixelmon and would eventually ask for one for his birthday. That following birthday he did get a Pixelmon companion; getting a small Pidgey that he called Wing. He would love his new friend and took very good care of him, though he didn’t fight since he never had a reason to.

His life would remain rather average until the age of 17 when he started to have the wish to explore the world. Nearing his 18th birthday he’d see flyers for a place called Toro; a place of opportunity! Wanting to go he’d ask his parents for permission, and they accepted and gave him a few small things before buying him the tickets to go to the region.
Flaws: Steven, despite his outgoing personality, is rather self-conscious. He doesn’t think very highly of himself and often gives up before even trying something. In addition he doesn’t know much about Pixelmon fighting or raising since he only got his first Pixelmon recently.
Ambitions: Steven wants to become strong at Pixelmon fighting and defeat all the gym leaders in Toro.
Starter Pixelmon: Pidgey
Skin: http://static.planetminecraft.com/files ... 133787.jpg

—Open Response Questions—
~Notice!~
You only need to do two, but you must have at least a paragraph (5 full sentences) for each. Feel free to have it as one paragraph or separate each sentence or two into each line as if you were in game. Whatever it may be, we would like to see emotions, interactions, and speech; whatever you'd normally put in an RP response! It should be in 3rd person as if written in a book.

You are free to respond as the NPC in this case only as appropriate, but we'd like to mostly see your character as the main focus for these scenarios.

[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Steven would halt as he saw the crying girl, listening to her with a few nods. “ Yeah, I can help you! “ he said with a smile. Looking to the tree he paused in thought before pulling out his Pixelball, sending out Wing. “ Hey Wing, can you get her Meowth down? “ he asked as he pointed to the Pixelmon. The Pidgey squawked before flying up and trying to do just that. The Pidgey would carefully pick up the Meowth, slowly lowering it to the ground. “ There you go. “ he said to the girl with a smile, patting her head. After she gave him a small hug and ran off he continued on his way.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
After getting off the boat Steven didn’t expect to get bombarded with questions, a bit overwhelmed at first. “ Uh, can you repeat that? “ he asked after a few moments of silence. The woman nodded and repeated herself more slowly. “ Alright… well I’m from Sunyshore City, and I came because I wanted to explore and this place seemed cool! I’m not really sure where I plan to go though, I just planned to look at every place this region has to offer! “ he replied. When the woman finished writing this down Steven would continue to walk, wondering how many other people she asked that.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Steven would take a step back as he was suddenly challenge. “ Huh? “ he blinked a bit. “ Oh- hey! I’m not a chump! “ Steven replied. The trainer would just call him a chump again, upsetting Steven a little bit. He’d send out his Pidgey and point to the Rattata. “ Well, let’s show him we’re not a chump, Wing! “ he called out. The battle would last a little bit, but the Rattata would win. Steven nor his Pidgey would have much, if any, experience Pixelmon battling after all. “ Oh… well thank you for the battle anyway, it was good experience for Wing. “ Steven told the trainer after returning his Pidgey. After doing a small bow he ran off down the path again, beating himself up over his loss.

[Note, you only have to choose two scenarios. It is not required to do all three.]

And that's the end of your application; after you have finished it, upload it into your own topic and see if you get accepted!

~Cheers, the Application Team~

Return to “Whitelist Application Archives”