Application Format/Breakdown

Apply to be whitelisted on the server!

Moderator: Application Team

Postby kcband36 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Application Format/Breakdown

Congratulations! You're one step closer to getting accepted. A+ to you for studying ahead. You know- I like you already. We'll get along just fineee =] - Heart

Post a new thread in this forum titled, "_____'s Application"

Table of Contents
1. Application Format
2. Application Breakdown
3. FAQ

----

Application Format

Copy and paste the below to your own post to apply! Please be sure to read the Application Breakdown to get an understanding of what we're looking for in applicants before submitting your post! If you are not accepted on the first try, feel free to edit your post until you are satisfied.

Code: Select all
[b]-Player Questions-[/b]
Minecraft Username:
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)
Tell us a little about yourself:

[b]-Roleplay Questions-[/b]
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
What is meta-gaming?
What is power-gaming?
What is retroactive continuity?
What is a Mary Sue?
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)

[b]-General Character Questions-[/b]
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality.]
Full name:
Personality:
Biography:
Flaws:
Ambitions:
Starter Pixelmon:
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)

[b]-Open Response Questions-[/b]
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the scenarios you choose. Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

----

Application Breakdown

Player Questions
Minecraft Username:
Self explanatory

Age won’t affect your entry. It's about the quality of your work and the amount of effort you place into it. However, this is a PG13 server and there will be themes that may be deemed inappropriate by parent(s). We leave this to the discretion of those parent(s). If you are under the age of 13, we kindly ask that you ask for your parents' permission. They will need to send an email with their approval to admin@toro-league.com before we can accept you.

Where did you hear about us:
Reddit, minecraftforum.net, pixelmonmod forum, minestatus.net, friend or etc. We're just asking out of curiosity but we appreciate you guys for indulging it. If a friend told you about the server, it would be helpful to specify which friend brought you!

Tell us a little about yourself:
Tell us a little bit about yourself. What kind of hobbies do you have? Why are you interested in our server? A sentence or two will do just fine.

Roleplay Questions
What is roleplaying?
Do your best to describe what "roleplaying" means to you. If you are unsure, you can refer to our Support page for more information.

What is meta-gaming?
Do your best to describe what "meta-gaming" means to you. Read this if you don't know!

What is power-gaming?
Do your best to describe what "power-gaming" means to you. Read this if you don't know!

What is retroactive continuity?
Do your best to describe what "retroactive continuity" or "retcon" means to you. Read this if it's your first time~

What is a Mary Sue?
Do your best to describe what a Mary Sue is and what it means to you.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
Do your best to describe what IC and OOC means. Read this if it's your first time~

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Whether you're familiar with RPGs, Dungeons and Dragons, Minecraft RP servers or none at all, it won't affect your entry.

In-Game Lore Questions

Describe any city in Toro of your choosing:
http://www.toro-league.com/about.php

Describe Pix Co.:
http://toro-league.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pix_Co

General Character Questions

Full name:
Pick a name! Any name is fine, but if you pick a strange name expect to be questioned.

Pick an age you feel comfortable role-playing.

Appearance: - One paragraph minimum.
Describe your character's appearance. What are their facial features, what type of clothes do they wear, how much do they weigh/how tall are they? Are there any special features on your character (scars, glasses, always wears a Pixelmon cap... etc)?

Personality: - One paragraph minimum.
Describe your character's personality. The question we're asking, really, is who is your character? What is he or she like around stranger? Are they different around friends? Are they competitive by nature or are they shy about battling? Perhaps they're not interested in battling at all! Are they motivated by money or by the thought of stardom? This is your chance to really flesh out your character.

Biography: - One paragraph minimum.
Talk about your character's history. Which region did they come from? What made them decide to move to the Toro Region and what kind of lifestyle did your character live prior to doing so? If they traveled around how was their social life and education? Is your character's family rich? Or poor? Did they come from a line of well known trainers or breeders? Everybody's got a history, after all!

Flaws:
In one or two sentences, explain the flaws of your character. What are they bad at? Do they have something like a stutter? These flaws add to your character and prevent the creation of a Mary Sue.

Ambitions:
In one to two sentences, describe what your character wishes to achieve in Toro. Do they seek fame? Fortune? Or do they simply want to catch 'em all? I would like to add that there is no Elite Four, for you battlers out there.

Starter Pixelmon:
This will be the Pixelmon your character starts with! It must be the base evolution.

Skin:

We need a screenshot of your skin or the skin .png file to make sure your character fits in our world. You can upload your skin to a site called http://www.imgur.com and they will provide you a link that you can copy and paste for this answer.

If you do not have one, play our default boy or girl. You can always change hairstyles and clothing later on as your character grows!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Image ImageImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage

Image ImageImageImage

Open Response Questions - One paragraph minimum

Spoiler: show
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

You must respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios provided. The open responses are your chance to show how your character reacts during a roleplayed scene. It is an accumulation of your character's history and personality and will show us that you've put some serious thought into your character creation. If your character is not the type to get involved in a Pixelmon battle, how do they react? How will they feel about suddenly being approached? If they're shy and timid, what actions do they take to escape from this scenario? Must include dialogue and actions.

Roleplay is done in third person so we ask that you write your open response in third person as well.

----

FAQ

What if I want to play multiple characters?
One minecraft account, one character. Having multiple characters on one account is not permitted however we will assist you in re-rolling your character. We wish to promote in-depth, well thought out characters. Support minecraft and purchase a new account if you truly wish to play multiple characters.

Why wasn't I accepted?
After your application is reviewed, you will receive a reply in less than 48 hours. This will explain the exact reason and where the revision should be made.

----

If you still didn't find your answer, feel free to ask them here!
kcband36

Postby Axros » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:18 pm

How long should I wait between revisions being submitted?
Axros

Postby Mishakiara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:39 pm

The wording of your question confuses me, but if you question is...
How long until I get a response after submitting/revising?
It should take at most 24 hours. It might take longer as the app team might be busy, it make take shorter too, it all depends on various factors. If it has been over 24 hours feel free to bump your post.

If it's... How long do I have wait before revising my app?
This doesn't really matter. If you notice a mistake or want to change something before getting a response, heck even if you just posted it, feel free to edit it as you like! It's great if you catch your own mistakes and want to fix it.

If you have any questions or want help on your application in specific feel free to contact me over PMs, post another reply, or contact me on Skype on Mishakiara. I'll look over your app soon iff another App Team Member doesn't have it already!
Mishakiara

Postby Eryna » Tue May 02, 2017 1:07 pm

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: SumiX
Where did you hear about us: planetminecraft
Tell us a little about yourself: well i like to draw and read I don't really have a social life though. I'm interested in your server because I would love to play in a fantasty world server that people would actually roleplay.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? roleplaying to me is when you act out of being yourself but its still you just in a different way how you really are and maybe a different personality.
What is meta-gaming? so from what i have read meta-gaming is when you take information that is out of character into roleplaying in which your character should not even have known with out asking or find it them self.
What is power-gaming? so this is when you over power someone like you either don't acknowledge them or in other words don't allow them to say or do any actions.
What is retroactive continuity? It would mean changing things that have already occured or in other words altering it.
What is a Mary Sue? To me a Mary Sue is a character that is made to be perfect and if they might have any flaws they'd always find away in the end to make for people to like them.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? (IC) is when you are speaking through your characters point of view when your roleplaying and (OOC) is when you are just out of character.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
yes i have had experience with other roleplaying servers
-In-Game Lore Questions (Please answer in your own words)-
Describe any city in Toro of your choosing: so from what i have been reading i choose Canvas Town which is directly north of Aurelia, many temporary find housing there and there are mostly farmers around that area.
Describe Pix Co.: Pix Co. is the multinational in the Toro Region. They are well-known, most so for their revolutionary invention: the Pixelball. They have also created many of the machines used for Pixelmon, such as PCs and healers.

-General Character Questions-
[ There is a one full paragraph minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality ]
Full name: Eryna Rosetta Owen
Appearance: Eryna is a teenager who's height is 5'3. She is average, she has dark brown medium hair and it it is swept back a bit showing her brown eyes, she wears a soft blue hair band, with an overall, underneath her overall she wears a black sweater, and she wears blue shoes and white socks.
Personality: Eryna is a polite person,she tries her best to be kind to everyone that she meets though sometimes she is passed of as rude or being mean. other than that she is kind of a down to earth kinda person.she can sometimes be very stubborn and selfish at times.
Biography: Eryna was born in Viridis, a little hideaway town, located between the beautiful forests and scenic seaside. She lives with her father who is a pixelmon nurse. her childhood is pretty normal, she goes to school plays and hangs out with her friends as well like any other child would. on her 13th birthday she had gotten a Pidgey pixelmon she called him Sky. she loved her new friend very much.
All though she hadn't ever been in a pixelmon battle before she had always dreamed to be able to go to a place called Toro she had never been there before. she had to ask her father who thought about it before getting her a ticket to the region of Toro.
Flaws: Eryna despite her personality usually has doubts about herself being able to do anything of the matter she sometimes thinks of her self as useless and not good.
Ambitions: Eryna wishes to beat all the gym leaders in Toro and become a strong pixelmon fighter
Starter Pixelmon: Pidgey
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)
http://imgur.com/a/LiFqf
-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios.]

Eryna would stop at the seeing the little girl crying, she would listen to her word for word. " Sure I'll help you!" she said with a big smile. She turned to the tree and takes out her pixelball sending out Sky " Hey Sky could get her meowth down?".As she pointed to the pixelmon stuck in the tree. Sky would squawk and fly up lifting the Meowth carefully and setting it down on the ground gently. "There you go little one" she said to the little girl with a smile. "Thank you" she said after hugging her and running off. Eryna would continue on her way.

After getting of the boat Eryna didn't know that she would be asked questions. so she would take a step back and ask the lady kindly to repeat. with a smile the lady would repeat what she said before and this time slower." Alright I'm from Viridis, I came here looking for a place to explore and this place just seemed like the right place to be, though i don't really know much of here I'll just see what it has to offer" she replied. After the woman had finished writing down what she had just said she would continue on her journey, wondering if she does this to everyone that passes by.

Eryna

Postby Mishakiara » Tue May 02, 2017 1:28 pm

@SumiX

Hello! Thank you for showing interest in the server. You should be posting in your on topic, you can do so by clicking this button here:

That's alright there, honest mistake! I'll properly look over your app once you do that. Before I let you go though, I will give a small bit of advice and info of something I noticed before I go, that way you can adjust your character as needed when you go to upload your new app!

If your character is from Viridis, it's a tad bit strange they'd have to get a ticket to the Toro region since she'd, well, already be in Toro! Viridis is one of the towns in Toro. I can understand the misunderstanding though, don't worry~

In addition, to avoid confusion, we highly do not recommend having a character that has lived in Toro or would have much knowledge of it. There's a lot of things that new players would not know about that the people of Toro would, and we wouldn't want there to be any confusion caused from you not knowing something your character should. Feel free to pick a town from an existing game's region though! Your biography is great besides this fact.
Mishakiara

Return to Whitelist Applications