CountDantes whitelist

CountDantes
MC name: countdantes

CountDantes whitelist

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: CountDantes
Where did you hear about us: Internet Machine
Tell us a little about yourself: Well you can call me Em! I don’t really like to share a lot of personal things online, but I like RP, Pokemon, and Western Literature!

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is the act of taking on the role of a character and playing it out. It’s similar to playing a character in an improvisational play.

What is meta-gaming?
Metagaming is using information in character that you only know out of character.

What is power-gaming?
Power gaming is the act of emoting for someone else, or otherwise controlling their character and forcing a single outcome in rp.

What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity is the concept that time within the universe if fluid, and can be edited. Or, in much simpler words, the retroactive editing of the continuity of something.

What is a Mary Sue?
A Mary Sue is a character who does not face any adversity. This character often has something no one else has, such as superpowers, or divine blood. A Mary Sue easily topples any conflict in their life. A Mary Sue is often beloved by most everyone in the story, often never having to face consequences for their actions.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In Character occurs between two characters within Roleplay, and in nothing else. Out of Character is our real physical world, and also anything not directly done in roleplay. These should never mix.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
No, I have previous Roleplay Experience but not on Minecraft.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality.]
Full name: Ernest Harper Atwood
Appearance: Ernest has a pale face, dusted lighty with freckles and scrunched into, by no choice of her own, a decidedly unfriendly scowl. With high set cheek bones, a long nose that slopes upwards as it travels down the length of her face, and eyes the color of mistletoe Ernest has the quintessential Cidnese features; Even still the bend of her eyes, and a certain flatness where her nose begins to bridge betrays her mother's kantonese influence. Years of living upon a writer’s meager salary, compounded with her itinerant lifestyle is clear upon Ernest’s light frame. Her once striking features are marred by dark bags beneath her eyes, and a sort of gauntness that causes her collar bone to protrude outwards. Still she carries this sort of broken beauty as badge of honor, a true and flagrant display of her understanding of the wordsmith’s struggle.

Ernest dresses in an … earnest sort of way. Favoring utilitarian outfits, large flowy shirts that are comfortable when hopping from region to region, fashionable black boots, and a pair of reliable Unovan denim jeans, cuffed just so, as if the wearer spent ages ensuring that she looks like she doesn’t care what she looks like. A top this faux-messy ensemble Ernest throws an oversized leather jacket she’s stolen from a man she left behind years ago. On her left thigh Ernest carries a faded leather contraption filled with pixelballs.

Personality: Ernest is the type of woman who does not give a damn for the dreary inbetweens of life. A cometophobic spouse, a smoking hypochondriac, these sort of paradoxical people, enigmas of the utmost degree are those with which Ernest can most relate. An unpersonable socialite, she spends a majority of her time with other people, watching them, learning even the most minute details of their relationships with others, yet when this very same minutiae presents itself in her own life she casts it aside, preferring to keep her own self detached from the affairs of men, all though she stands neck deep within them. In this same paradoxical way, one might find that because Ernest simply likes to watch humans that she is detached, yet this could not be further from the truth. The young woman is, in every definition of the term, a bleeding heart, feeling deeply for the poor and downtrodden. Ultimately Ernest’s personality can best be described with one word. Freedom. What a sweet word it is, at least in her opinion, it rings upon the tongue and truly represents everything she has been, everything she is, and everything she will become.

Biography:
According to the woman herself, Ernest has never truly been born. Instead, within her own mind, she is a gypsy soul. An itinerant spirit, wondering from body to body, experiencing multitudes of life times, and imparting ancient wisdoms garnered over countless eternities. In earnest, her story begins on a Unovan Military base in Kanto where her father was an attending physician. Her mother was a local nurse working in the onbase hospital at the time. The couple fell in love, and had a single child. All though Ernest’s mother Katsuko’s was overjoyed to have a girl, her father Eric wanted nothing more than a boy, and so he took what he could, and imparted upon his only child a man’s name. The name of his favorite author in fact, the little girl was to be known as Ernest.

Because of her father’s position as a military doctor Ernest’s life was spent moving from base to base, and from nation to nation. This transient lifestyle, compounded with her own eruditic personality, and a healthy love of literature instilled by her father caused a young Ernest to seek refuge within the leatherbound spines, and cream pages of her father’s books. Soon the curious young girl turned into a voracious young women, consuming literary classic, one after the other.

Upon reaching the proper age, Ernest would return to Unova where she sought to study literature on the collegiate level. Although her love affair with the subject did not end, she found many of her classes to be horribly dry, feeling that her professors were pigeonholing her into believing souly their opinions. The resulting dalliance with anti authoritarianism caused Ernest to begin intermingling with neo-transendalists. It was at a neo-transcendentalist party in which she was asked if she has any interest in Lysergic acid diethylamide, not one to shrink away from an opportunity for adventure Ernest agreed to try the psychedelic. She awoke in her apartment with a dreadful nausea, hazy visions of talking caterpie, and smiling meowths still lingering in the back of her mind. As she made her way to the kitchen she found a plane ticket she’d evidently bought while dancing with lucy. Thumbing the thick paper, she saw that it was for the Toro Region, and it was dated for two days from that moment. With a shrug the itinerant slipped the ticket into her jacket pocket and began to pack the most essential of her earthly belongings, soon to be ready for the next chapter of her story.

Flaws: It is one of life’s funniest ironies that those who are most likely to be nomadic in spirit, are in and of themselves permanently attached to the concept of itnerancy. Ernest, despite recognizing the hallarioty of the situation is struck with one such malady. She finds herself unable to properly connect with most, keeping her relationships shallow at best in a misguided attempt to shrug off commitment.

This same coldness, coupled with a sour face that Ernest simply can not help causes some fairly negative first impressions with most folk. In more simple terms, No one would blame you for thinking she was a willy wonka at first.

Ambitions: Ernest considers herself the ultimate voyeur of the human spirit. She wants little more than to travel the world, seeing her fellow man engaging in their daily lives. All though many writers seek to understand the human condition, it is in Ernest firmest opinion that she differs in that she does not attempt to comprehend the collective of which she is only a sliver, she simply wants to see.

Starter Pixelmon: Onix
Skin: (Please include front and back shot or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the scenarios you choose. Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Ernest tilts her head at the small girl her cold features softening as she flashes a small, warm smile from behind plainly painted lips at the girl “Alright little one”
the redheaded woman would dust off her hands, moving over to the tree to gaze up towards the buggersome Meowth who’d lodged himself so dubiously.

Ernest smiles down reassuringly to the sniveling little girl, before looking back up at the Meowth and wrinkling her nose, her freckled cheeks dancing around as she ponders the situation. Finally, after seeing no way around it Ernest would walk forward and attempt to climb the tree. Unfortunately her less than stellar physical record, and weak constitution would give her little more than a bruised coccyx for her trouble.

With another weary sigh she’d push herself up and beckon the child over. “I’m afraid you and I are throwing good effort after bad little one.” Ernest pats the floor next to her “Sit right here, and I will tell you the tale of the old man and the sea while we wait for someone better equipped to help us yes?” She’d wrap her paper thin form around the girl in an attempt to console her, awkwardly calming the child until a local police officer, or a fireman, or some such other public hero may come save the obstinate cat.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Ernest gives the woman a tired laugh, a flash of mischievous delight flashes upon the young author’s tired face for a moment, but just as quickly as it came the look went, and her freckled face contorted back to it’s sour look. “Where did I come from? Well my mother of course, well at least that’s what I’m told. I wasn’t there personally, well I suppose I was but” she’d laugh to herself for a moment

“Well this is embarrassing to admit but I plum don’t recall a moment of it, perhaps I had too much to drink eh?” she’d laugh snarkily once more “as for where I am planning on going, well I don’t suppose you could point me towards the nearest bar could you?”

The poor public servant would look bewildered, yet her tour guide instincts, sharply honed upon the dozens of new immigrants who ask for directions daily would kick in, and she would point out the nearest pub.

Without even so much as a verbal response Ernest would turn on her feet, and in a soldier’s stance, armed with a tattered old Tolstoy novel she’d march to the pub, much to the chagrin of the clipboard wielding woman.

The sensibly dressed government employ would attempt to follow, but Ernest’s small form would soon be enveloped into the crowd of people. Meanwhile, the pale faced villain would laugh, Ernest had outsmarted another public servant. That’s what they get for actually trying to do their jobs!
Last edited by CountDantes on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: CountDantes whitelist

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to apply to our lovely server! As I mentioned in the discord, I’ll be evaluating your app today. I’ve read your app several times, and I have to say that I found it quite delightful to read! I enjoyed your use of euphemisms and metaphors to describe your character as well as the articulate telling of her backstory and how she came to be. All in all, this is a great app.

However… there is one tiiiiiny little thing preventing me from accepting this app and getting you whitelisted:

You forgot to post an image that showed the back of the skin you plan to use. Once you provide me that, I’ll be more than happy to get you whitelisted and going on the server!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image
CountDantes
MC name: countdantes

Thanks for getting back to me Skol! I've updated with a picture that shows the back of my skin.
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Alrighty! Well everything looks golden to me!

Soo...you know what that means?

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!

Just be sure to ask a GM when one is online to give you your Onix, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or anyone in Discord! Once again, thank you for applying!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”