Toro Premier Debates - Round Seven // ends sunday-midnight

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Re: Toro Premier Debates - Round Seven // ends sunday-midnig

Jade held back her response to Heather for a little bit, to first respond to Lana's question. "While I first thought this was a risky decision, the Rangers have proven themselves. While yes, this is usually something the goverment would do, I think at times it may be better for all of us to deal with matters concerning Gods. This was a good example of it and the Rangers, in my opinion, did a great job."

Jade finally let out a tired sigh and stood up, she seemed much less friendly and far more serious this time. She now went to reply to Heather.
"First thing I want to mention, you said four portions while using five? Having trouble counting? I've already mentioned one reason why some of my policies aren't extremely detailed, but another was that I wanted to explain them during the debates, but sadly I haven't been able to do that because all the attention was on you for most of this debate.
I'll divide my response into portions as well for you."
She smirked a little at Heather before continuing.

"To begin. My actual words were: Most island regions like Toro. Now, I'll give you a few seconds to think of some ways Toro and Avalon are different." She happily waited for a few seconds, waving to her family in the audience before continuing. "A quite BIG difference between Toro and Avalon is the size of the two regions. I meant small island regions like Toro. It's a fact, not something which I'm merely claiming to be a fact, that most small island regions like Toro do not have a standing military. And that's for a good reason, because even if they were to get a military it would only delay their invasion and waste a good amount of money and lives. Now, what I was trying to say earlier was that some regions only took up armies because they had a history of getting invaded, not because they wanted to. A great example would be Holova, the country known for it's tulips, windmills, trading and habit to be invaded over and over again. You're not directly saying Toro wouldn't be able to defend itself without a standing army but are implying this, to which I response." She chuckled a little at her and smirked wider. "Are you joking? Toro's had to face off against people with the ability to end the world. Q literally made his own dimension, but we, without a fancy military, were able to stop him. Now I'm sure you'll probably say: Well that's because of the TBIS! But I'll just ignore that now so this debate can actually talk about a different topic. We have great ways to defend ourselves, from the many talented trainers and Pixelmon in this region, to the amazing shields made by Theo Ross. I'll continue on the war thing in a bit.. But.."

Her smirk turned into a warm smile again and she went on to her second point. "I want to focus on strengthening and improving the bonds with other regions, while staying Neutral. You are saying you want to create trade agreements with other regions and research pacts, to which I respond. How little research have you actually done? We already have trade agreements with nearly every region in the world and we have research pacts with many. We are also part of the United Nations, something very important which you don't seem to want to talk about, because it proves that Toro isn't a isolated region like you make it out to be. We already work well with other regions in nearly every way, we just need to improve that.
Now you may say that no major political figures have gone to Toro in many years, to which I have two responses. None that have been made public have happened, meaning a lot that could have happened which the public wasn't made aware for good reasons seeing as we have had problems with terrorists quite often. My second response would be, so what? Just because a political figure doesn't show up here, doesn't mean we don't have good relationships. You keep forgetting we are a tiny neutral region. There are not a lot of reasons to go to come to our region if everything is already going smoothly.
Now, to say I haven't read your platform is.. Well.. I don't think you've read it yourself? You claim your platform emphasises trade far more than I do a standing army or the peace corps that come with it. Which is simply not true."
She pulled out a copy of the Toro Modernization Platform and began to flip through it. "The part where you talk about Trade is point 6, which also focuses on research and technology. This point is smaller than both point 4 and point 5, which are about the Military and The Peace Corps. It's kinda strange I seem to know your platform better than you do yourself."

"Now, you say I have no arguments and no examples, but the only thing you have are unrelated examples and poor arguments. This is not about what happened in 847, or about Unova or anything like that, this is about Toro. Throwing out your random facts isn't debating. Now, since you will probably not let the topic go until I give a example of a region in which globalization has caused massive economic depression even half as close as to the events you mentioned. So I will. Holova, a region I quite like, but that's currently not the point. Holova used to be one of the biggest superpowers in the world with their VOC company, one of the wealthiest companies not just in the world, but in history. They were worth enough money to make Vincent LeGrand cry in jealousy. But, because of this giant company, the wealth gap between the poorest and richest grew like no one could imagine. This eventually lead to the largest company in the world crumbling into pieces and their economy collapsing, causing them to be easily taken over, once more. Now you'll probably say this example isn't good enough or some stuff like that, to which I'm not even going to bother to respond. You're heavily implying that I'm making false claims, which surprises me. Have you already forgotten what happened just a few minutes ago? People were calling you out on what you said left and right. It was quite entertaining to be honest."

"Now back to the military, a topic you just can't stop talking about, can you? It's clear you're still a Unovan at heart with how you think a Peace Corps should be run and your obsession with military. First thing, I really don't know where you're getting this 95% number, but that sounds false as could be to me. But let's say this is true, that doesn't mean Toro needs a military. We are not in a threat of invasion or have ever been. We are not planning to invade nor ever will, because the people of Toro want peace. We are in a very peaceful state right now, there is no chance that we will get invaded. Because of this, making a Military would not be a good sign to other regions. You claim it wouldn't be, but how can you know this? The simple answer is you can't. Now, there are no real reasons to take over Toro in general. We don't have a good position, we don't have a large amount of land, we don't have good resources. And the final thing I want to say about the military, so we can finally drop this topic. Where will you get the money? The Trade Agreements? We already have those. You can try to improve those, but good luck with that and that's not even your job in the first place. A military, which could stop us from being invaded, would need to be huge if we compare it to other militaries in the world. It would take up far too much of our budget."
Her throat was starting to hurt from all that talking, so she was gonna put a finish to it.

"Now. Everything you said in your last part could be easily turned against you as well. Your budgetary priorities were either about improving things, such as mine, or adding things that we already have. The ERTs, while close to what I was planning, are not the same as my idea of emergency response teams. My positions on some things are vague, because I'm not trying to be Arbiter of Justice, Premier and Foreign Minister all in one. And to talk about the democratic system, I'm not sure if you were listening or not, but you probably weren't. I clearly stated I wanted to change our voting system to a Alternative Vote system, so more people can be happy about who they see elected. You want a grant system which would take away power from the government, because if you get enough votes, a law can be passed even if the Arbiter of Justice is against it. That seems more libertarian than democratic, seeing it takes away power from the government, though I admit I may be wrong on that."

"Now. You can respond to this however you like. You may insult me, say I'm wrong, do whatever you want. But I will not reply, take this however you want, but I want this debate to continue properly and not stay stuck. This is better for us, for the debate and for the people of Toro. Now excuse me, my throat feels as dry as Toro's desert."
And with that she took a drink from her water bottle.
bigpapa671
MC name: FloopTroop

((this is a long response, and Heather would give an equally long response. Please pause questions here so that I may type
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

(OOC EDIT: I will leave this up as I was in the process of posting when you did, floop, so you may prepare a responce to it, but heather dun goofed and since Jade's reply didn't have anything to do with the rangers, I doubt much is really gunna stop a very angry young woman)

==========

Kagami would immediately stand up, holding her head up proudly and her shoulders straight and narrow. “Pardon me, but I am sorry to say that this is where my professionalism is to end. Miss Nikitas, I have to ask you, do you know anything about the Rangers? Do you know anything about the incident besides what you’ve read in the papers?” Her eyes were narrow and lips tight. “I was with Entei the moment they were born until they were returned. Not once did I see you visit to see them yourself. It must be nice being so concerned about this god that you relaxed in your home and assume things about the Rangers, or so much as lift a finger. 100% sure the forest wasn’t fireproof? How’d you pull that out of your butt, because that’s some brilliant skill the scientific community would be interested in.”

She looked around the room and sighed. “I am not the boss of the Rangers at all. I am just a medical Ranger, and have been for seven years. Ever since the Rangers have been here, we have only the interests of pixelmon in our hearts. The moment the Entei was born, they displayed powers that could put the entire island in danger. This wasn’t just about the four people that lived on the island, it involved the native pixelmon, the land, and put all of Toro at risk for a major ecodisaster if we left them alone with no guide. The RTMP and Rangers banded together to keep an eye out for their parents and give them safe lodging.”

“In fact, we faced a lot of criticism, and very little help. The base is not just a wooden building. It’s housed pixelmon of all ages, states, and types. You would know that if you so much as got off your spoiled ass and visited us, our doors are always open. The building faced damage every day that we had them. Damage that if happened around the volcano, would cost the government millions to repair in the name of keeping the environment. While you were enjoying your time off with your family, I left school to personally be responsible for the god. Not because I wanted to, but because it was my duty as a ranger and something I had the training for. My education cut so I may show them love, to train them to control their powers, to be a mother to them because they lacked one. I only saw my family if they were able to visit. In fact, I would like to take a moment and thank my wonderful Aunt Kiori and her ownership of Goldstar that kept Entei safe. Thanks to her management of the company, they were able to make all repairs when needed and for free. They could’ve billed the government, they had every right to, but they had enough money saved up to more than handle it. I didn’t see you helping at all. I didn’t see you so much as caring in the slightest, but now you have an opinion on it?”

“Furthermore, are you even aware that they’re gone now?”
She waved her hand, smiling. “An Elder Entei, a god, mind you, arrived a few days ago to take our Entei home, and THANKED us for teaching him the ways of mortals. They thanked us for housing them, for feeding them, and most importantly, for loving them. Something that, surprisingly, only the children have been able to do outside of the rangers. You don’t have a shred of love in you, Miss Nikitas, to blindly talk about something you literally did not care about to get yourself a government position. You sacrificed nothing for what you speak of.”

“The Rangers are also not volunteers, don’t you dare spit upon them that way. We all take a sworn vow to protect the land and the pixelmon. Our promise is as strong as the RTMPs, and we train just as hard in the skill necessary to do our jobs. We risk ourselves, our homes, and very futures for pixelmon so you can sit on your spoiled backside at home and enjoy watching a maid take care of your kids for you since you can’t even do that.”
She looked to the crowd with a fury in her eyes. “The doors had been wide open. This entire time. We heard protests from the adults, but not a single adult that wasn’t a ranger actually offered held aside from the pixelmon professor, her company, and Miss Aruji. It was the children, with open hearts and minds that came in and asked their questions and fell in love with him. You should be ashamed of yourself, Miss Nikitas, as well as you, Miss Legrand. You two talked about something without checking the source at all? This is what adulthood is, what politics are? Making assumptions and acting upon them without doing your research? That is now how you run a business, much less an entire region. As for Miss Legrand, you cannot make laws without research and call them truly in the benefit of the people. That’s being a tyrant. You not only lost my vote, Miss Nikitas, you lost the respect of all the rangers that worked hard and train hard for something you cannot even be assed to ask about before you make some final statement about.”
bigpapa671

Heather would take a sip of her water and get ready to respond to jade “Well for starters Mrs. Aruji I can count just fine, but you’ve proven you have no understanding of basic logic. My opening statement is not a portion of my rebuttal, instead it only clarifies what I am going to do before my rebuttal.”

Heather nods “You know why the attention has been on me this entire debate? Because people actually know what I stand for. Debates are meant for people to argue policy not for you to clarify your policy!” she shakes her head “It amazes me that you can come up here and speak so much but say so little. I will now address your rebuttal in points to prove that you are in fact unfit for leadership.”

“For starters, I don’t believe you know the definition of a fact. You can't just say things are facts without providing evidence. I gave you three regions that are islands that have standing armies, one of which is actually smaller than Toro. Yet you give no example of this so no Jade it's not a fact until you prove it's a fact. Moreover if you had actually listened to what I had to say, I provided Tide with multiple examples of small nations beating back foreign aggressors. You claim fighting of an invading nation would cost too much money, and lives. But what would you rather have us do be invaded? That statement literally makes no sense If we have reached the point where we need to use our standing army then it is far too late for anything else”

“You claim “We already have trade agreements with every other region” this is a false claim, Foreign Minister Tide himself came up here and said he was avoiding creating anything too comprehensive so we do not declare ourselves in support of anyone. I swear to arceus Jade it's like you weren’t even at this debate. “Moreover it's called the United Regions not the United Nations. You don't even know the name of the organization that Toro is a member state of, and Toro is not one of the most powerful states in the UR, there are plenty of isolated states within the UR like Lyuskoy. I can't believe you are trying to argue Toro isn't isolated when the previous foreign minister came up here and said it has been his life’s work to make Toro isolated.” Heather chuckles “Now onto your point about knowing my platform better than me. It makes sense to me that you would seriously believe just because something is written longer means it is more important. It explains why you speak so much yet say so little. Just because the language is flowerier in one portion doesn’t mean anything. If you actually read the platform you would see that it states that the standing army is only a tool to make headway for Toro on the international stage. In other words the whole point of the army is to help our trade treaties, thusly according to my own platform trade treaties are the most important.”

“You are trying to present your lack of evidence as a strength, when in truth it is because you do not understand precedent. What happened in other regions can be extrapolated to what will happen in Toro. That’s how Logic works! You aren’t vague because you aren’t trying to be all three positions at once. You are vague because You don't know what you are talking about. This has become very clear through your answers, you simply do not understand the basics of policy making, public, and private property, and the role of the Premier in legislation, and Foreign Policy. You’re in over your head, and you should’ve never ran for office.”

Heather would then watch Kagami as she speaks “Mister Moderator please do your job. If this girl wanted to debate the candidates she should’ve ran with everyone else, she isn't even asking an actual question just arguing.”
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

"Oh, I'm sorry, this is how your'e going to rule the region?" Kagami glared. "Ignore me when I point out that you didn't bother to do any work before you come to some decision that destroys the hard work of people that are actually doing what your'e campaigning yourself for? Calling me a girl, wow, original, want to call me short while your'e at it?"

She turned her head as the moderator indeed gave her the motion to leave. Kagami stood proudly and walked into the isle, facing the door. "I know love, miss Nikitas. I know love and was able to show it to the very gods. You have so little love in your body that not only do you need a maid to raise your children for you, that the only way you can feel relevant again is if the region is in war and you're able to use your daddy's name." She turned and left, giving the frazzled moderator a bow and warm apology.
bigpapa671

"The only thing that I'm going to say to that is that I don't plan on "ruling" the region. I am going to run it, the Premier isn't a monarch they are a servant of the people. Either way if you're going to come up here, and argue instead of ask questions please at the very least understand the basic difference between the statements, Bad things did happen, and Bad things could've happened. Thank you" Heather sighs
bigpapa671

"Thank you Mrs.Knighton, nice to see you among us here today" she smiles out to the now older Sam "I'd have to say my biggest weakness is my ambition. My entire life I've never aimed for anything higher than 100% which sometimes means I take risks. Although my risk taking could most definitely be a weakness, as Premier I plan on creating a cabinet of experts in different fields to help me lead, and run the nation. My ambition will be filtered by these experts, and they will ensure that I am not doing anything too risky. Of course I also have the ever Intelligent Arbiter, and Foreign Minister checking my actions to ensure that I am not taking too big of a risk at any point" Heather smiles confident in her answer
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Jade smiled at Sam, nodding to her and going to answer the question. The jokes helped her get back into her friendly and nice mood again.
"I'd have to say it would be my lack of experience in a field like Premier. While yes, I've worked as Assistant Mayor of Cobalt for a few years and done a good amount of research, I still believe my first few seasons of Premiership would be a difficult time. But, I will do my best trying to learn and use all the help offered to me, help from previous Premiers, the Foreign minister and Arbiter and from the people of Toro themselves."
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Johnny would stand up, a sleeping Clementine baby in his arms as he drags along the other three little cowboys - although atleast one of them was dressed up in their best sunday clothes - and the maid too, if she follows. " Yeah, I have a question for Mrs. Nikitas, uh, but Jade can answer too if she so wants. " he coughs into a fist and asks in a clear and serious tone, yet his expression was shy " What is your favorite kind of pizza? I'm going to be bringing the babies home and I want to order some for later. " he would then nod a bit apologetically to the rest of the room.
bigpapa671

"Well everyone knows the best pizza in the world is a plain cheese Castelia City style pizza" she laughs slightly clearly relaxing "And of course you have to be able to fold the slices! And Johnny, babe, they're six years old don't call em babies" she laughs

Return to “Regional Government Archives”