Heather's platform points. Election 7

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
bigpapa671
MC name: FloopTroop

Heather's platform points. Election 7

Heather would have called a press conference in aurelia early one morning. After a few moments Heather would slowly step onto the stage, dressed in a sleek black suit, a pencil skirt, with a black beret fixed atop her blond hair. The paparazzi, and political journalists alike gathered in the crowd would begin to snap their photos for the daily paper, or fashion rag. As she approaches the podium she lets out a small breath before smiling charmingly at the camera

“My fellow Torans, It has been a long time since I’ve addressed you on television. You may recall the last time I was up here, I was addressing the national security of Toro, and what I was doing to advance the security of the nation as a whole” she would fix her hat slightly, brushing her blonde hair away from her eyes

“After a short sabbatical from governmental work, to better run my own corporation, and to spend time with my lovely family, I have teamed up with the incredibly intelligent Mary LeGrand to form the Toro Modernization Party. I will be running for the Premiership, and she will be running as arbiter. Our goal as a party is to prolong the peace that Toro has been enjoying, and to modernize Toro so it is on the cutting edge of the regions of the world. You can easily write to us at 123 Fake Address, and receive a copy of our platform so you can better understand what we stand for!”

The young woman would rub her eyes slightly, smiling nostalgically “When I came to Toro I was 19, I had wrists of steel, an Iron sense of will, and nothing else. Now in my 30’s I see that physically I will soon become obsolete, instead my place is in office. In my 10 years in Toro I managed to establish an effectively run an intelligence agency, I’ve founded one of the richest corporations in Toro, and I’ve made many good friends, and an amazing family while doing it. I have more than what it takes to lead.” she grins at the camera doing her best to imitate the charismatic heroes of her youth “So come on Toro, don’t take a vacation away from progress, choose a Holiday instead! I'll bring you the Toro of Tomorrow Today!”

Heather would hold her hands up in peace signs, before flashing one last smile to the camera. If the press, or anyone in the crowd would like to ask questions, now is the time!”

=================RP Line===================
Hey guys, I’ve written up a platform for what Heather wants to do as Premier. I know a lot of people out there hate reading so I will do a quick OOC TL:DR of the 7 points here.
Point 1 : Constitution
Write out a clear constitution that everyone has access to

Point 2: Referendum
Make it so that the people can vote for laws if they can get 20(OOC) 20,000(IC) signatures. More democratic than just having an Arbiter

Point 3: State of the Union address
Make it so once an OOC Month the Premier has to do a speech about what they are doing in government

Point 4: Military
Create an RP Standing army for Toro because it only makes sense. The army won’t ever be RP’d out and can't act in Toro, same way Toro magically has perfect gun laws. So the army will exist but it will have no actual impact on RP on server, it could just influence the stuff foreign minister does.

Point 5: Peace Corps
Found a Peace Corps that gets the highest percentage of the military budget, and goes out to other nations to help them where they need it.

Point 6: Research, Trade, and Tech
Sign treaties with other regions to share research, and tech, and to sign trade agreements with big countries to help Toro’s economy globalize in the modern world

Point 7: Embassies
Set up more foreign embassies to become more friendly with other countries.

Feel free to have your character ask any questions they want here.
Full Document is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mfW ... sp=sharing

Return to “Regional Government Archives”