No Such Agency

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Macecurb
MC name: Ecurbmac

No Such Agency

A press conference is called from the premier’s office. No topic is given, and it is unclear who will even be speaking. As the alloted timeslot approaches, and the crowd of reporters becomes ever more impatient as they gather in front of a podium, a young woman steps up to the podium, and nods to the gathered group.

"My Fellow Torans." Heather grabs the mic off of the stand on the podium, looking directly into the camera.

“As some of you may know, my name is Heather Holiday, and I’m here for you. You may not have elected me, but I have been waking up each and every day for quite some time now, in order to represent your interests.”

The young woman moves a few strands of her golden hair away from her eyes as she offers the crowd a small smile “Under the Knighton administration, I helped to found an organization called the Toro Bureau of Intelligence Services, hereby referred to as TBIS. TBIS’ purpose is fairly simple.” She looks warmly into the camera again, returning the mic to it’s resting position and steepling her hands onto the podium. “To tackle organized crime before it happens, and to keep all of you safe. We stand on the razor’s edge of national peace. Through intelligence gathering, work with key informants, and the ongoing co-operation of the RTMP, we were able to bring down four of the remaining Noir bases, arresting a large amount of grunts, and several admins.”

Heather’s gaze turns cold as she gazes into the camera, her face becoming stern and resolute. “Through cooperation with Arbiter Unterberg, we have come up with a comprehensive plea bargain initiative for those few remaining members of Team Noir. Surrender peacefully and you will be rewarded with shortened prison time.” She points past the crowd of journalists, directly into the main camera. “If you choose to fight, know that we will find you, and you will be brought to justice.”

She clears her throat, looking back out at the press. “The next hurdle in the way of true peace is Doctor Q, and although we have agents working around the clock to find him, anyone may help. Remember, people of Toro: If you see something, say something. If you’d like to report any suspicious behaviour, pick up the phone and ask your operator to patch you through to the TBIS hotline. It is only through our collective effort that we will finally put an end to organized crime in Toro.”

The prodigal daughter smiles brilliantly. “Peace through vigilance.” Heather raises her hand to her face, wiping away a single patriotic tear. “So help me Arceus I will ensure that our children, and our children’s children will not grow up in a Toro marred by Doctor Q, Team Noir, or their ilk. With you by my side Toro I will ensure peace, and we will be ever vigilant in the fight against injustice. Thank you.”

Heather walks off, leaving the poor uninformed press secretary to give noncommittal answers to any and all questions.

Return to “Regional Government Archives”