Fireside Chats with Premier Penn and Arbiter Unterberg

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Fireside Chats with Premier Penn and Arbiter Unterberg

An announcement would come onto the radio, announcing a press conference in Aurelia's town hall. The conference would be held by Premier Edgar Penn and Arbiter Markus Unterberg, regarding new laws in the works.

At the conference, Markus and Edgar would be sitting on the raised platforms used for the debates previously, a table in front of them.

Edgar would stand up and begin to speak as the conference starts.

"People of Toro. I've called this conference to get everyone's opinions and suggestions on a new law that's in the works. This law would require breeders with the intent to sell to apply for vendor permits. These permits would be government regulated, and only would be required in the event one would like to breed a Pixelmon to sell. The permits themselves will not just be "Given out". An inspection will be conducted on the facilities to see if they are suitable for housing and breeding Pixelmon."

Edgar would flash a small smile at the crowd.

"In addition to the breeding regulations, this law would make any other sale of Pixelmon under any circumstances illegal. Auctions, public, or private sales would be illegal if they involve Pixelmon."

However, this is not going to be a dictated law. Arbiter Unterberg and I are both new to our positions, and we both feel like this could heavily affect the people of Toro. We're looking for feedback on this potential law, as well as suggestions to things we my have missed."

Edgar would look to the crowd, and sit down, motioning for questions to be asked.
---------------------------------------------------------
Alright guys. One question at a time, Foska and I will do our best to answer them as soon as we can! Remember to ask them ICly as your character would ask them!
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Re: Fireside Chats with Premier Penn and Arbiter Unterberg

Jade would listen to the speech before quickly getting up when people were allowed to ask questions. " I'd first like to say I find this a good law you're implementing. But I have a question, will giving people Pixelmon as gifts still be allowed? Since I'm guessing this law is being implemented because selling Pixelmon makes them look like just property instead of what they really are. " once she had her question answered, she sat down.
Foska
MC name: Foska

Markus would smile at Jade through her question then nod as she finished, going to answer it.
"There's no problem in gifting away Pixelmon. They can be a good gift and I am sure a lot of us got our first Pixelmon from someone important." He smiles down at a Pixelball on his belt. "But yes, gifting away Pixelmon for no gain whatsoever is totally fine and won't go against the law in any way. As you said, Pixelmon aren't property, they are people like us." He nods his head, waiting for the next question.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Stella jumps up and asks as soon as that's done, " So... are all auctions going to be illegal? " she crosses her arms and looks to Markus as she says, " Or am I going to need a permit? "
Vernon

Edgar would stand and take Stelle's question.

"The idea is public auctions would be barred. In the past, Pixelmon, often shinies, would be sold for money as property. Pixelmon, however, are not property or jewels for collection. So no, you won't need a permit, because auctions would be illegal totally."

Edgar would sit down at the end of his statement.

Markus would give Stelle a small smile and wave.
Rosy

" How is that different than people buying shinies from Mellerdina or whatever her face is called? Does the 'buy it now' part of the sale make it so much different? " Stella proceeds to ask, not sitting down just yet.
Vernon

Edgar would stand up again.

"Melinda's Breeding Center does not 'auction' off Pixelmon. It'd be a condition of the permit for the breeder to make sure the Pixelmon is sent to a good home, therefore, anyone who can afford to pay, and can give it a good home, would be able to receive the Pixelmon. Auctioning is a competition among the wealthy, regardless of their background, or the condition the Pixelmon will soon live in, unless the person selling the Pixelmon takes the effort to check on these conditions, which they often don't."
Rosy

" Isn't it supposed to be illegal to ... " she furrows her brow, struggling with her words, " Not have a good home for your pixelmon anyways? I don't see the point of punishing the... good seller peoples like this! It just seems like very... accusing of people being bad sellers, just make them check on them after, no? A sale is a sale and this is... is... very controlling! I hope you reconsider! " she shares her final quick thoughts in her native, Milano tongue, " Non sono venuto in questo posto per la sua dittatura. " before sitting down grumpily.
Vernon

"We're not barring the sale of Pixelmon, but auctions are different from sales. Pixelmon are not objects or prizes, they're creatures. Auctions implies that a Pixelmon is so meaningless to the owner that the owner doesn't care who obtains the Pixelmon, in which case the Pixelmon should have been left in the wild."
Chakurano
MC name: ^Chak.*$

Harvey stands as Edgar finishes speaking, scratching his chin before sticking his hands in his pockets. He's off-duty, so his badge is in his wallet and out of sight.
"So what's going to be the punishment for this? Y'know, selling pixelmon illegally or breeding them without this new license?"
He'd sit down after the question was answered... unless Edgar or Markus says something crazy.

Return to “Regional Government Archives”