Arbiter of Justice Debates - Round Five

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Arbiter of Justice Debates - Round Five

Marigold LeGrand stands up, asking the first question for the new arbiter,
" Congratulations, Mr. Unterberg. " she spoke politely, bowing her head, " You've accomplished what I've dreamt of for many years. " she brings a hand up to her cheek and chuckles, meaning it as just a joke before going on,
" May I ask your opinion of something though? Do you feel like trainers should be responsible for their pixelmon's actions? Such as a case where a pixelmon might be untrained and end up breaking a law, or if a pixelmon were independant enough to commit a crime on it's own? "
Foska
MC name: Foska

Markus smiles and nods to Mary. "Thank you Miss LeGrand, maybe you should go for it after my time is served, I wouldn't mind some opposition." He chuckles before going to answer her question.

"Pixelmon are smart and have all different personalities. They are persons in their own right and a big part of Toro. The Pixelmons owner/trainer therefore should know its personalities and keep it under surveillance. If it is untrained and causes damage, steals or hurts people, I see it as the owners fault. The owner is responsible for his Pixelmon and should train it to not do things that could cause trouble for it, its trainer or other people."
He tilts his head from one side to the other, thinking for a moment before continuing. "Although if a wild Pixelmon is independant and smart enough to commit crimes on its own the fault would fall onto nobody and we would have to find a way to deal with it if it repeatedly commits crimes." He finishes this with smiling to Mary again and giving her another nod.
RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

She really didn't want to have to do this, and hoped beyond hope she wouldn't have to. However, Professor Mielke gently raised her hand to get the Arbiter's attention after he finished speaking to Mary. She chose not to stand, afterall, with the size her stomach was now, that would be one of the most difficult things to do at the moment. "I wish I could extend my congratulations, Mr. Unterberg." She began, her tone monotone as always. "However, I must ask a small thing, mostly aimed at your overall ability to handle this office."

"You stated that you will judge others fairly, without your own personal bias, but I am having an exceptionally difficult time believing this. I personally find it remarkably insulting that you, of most others, get this position by default. Could you please elaborate just how you will avoid bias as you do your job? Afterall...you were easily influenced into criminal behavior before, and far too easily. Twice, even."

"And secondly, though I asked this question to Stanley and only received an unsteady answer, do you believe the system is fair in which should only one person run for a position and ends up unopposed, that that person should get that position by default? Even if they are wholly unqualified? Any possible thoughts into fixing this loophole?"

---------

(OOC note: Before people start raging at me, I post on behalf of Kio, who naturally is unaware of things of an ooc-nature. I am personally fine with the defaulting to Foska and wish him the best of luck, and knowing he'll do a fine job! And I by no means mad at him for winning instantly. Sucks to be everyone else who has to wait for the votes to be counted. <3)
Foska

Markus grins weakly and scratches the back of his head, having expected that question to be popping up. He sighs once and goes to explain. "I am certainly not happy with winning this position by default, Professor Mielke. I would have loved for someone to also go for the position, so I didn't win automatically and people would have a choice to who wins, who they think would be more capable of the job. I would have really liked that. But alas nobody did and I win by default." He lets out a small sigh before looking at her with a smile. "How to fix that though I am unsure. Maybe we could make laws to remove the Arbiter of his position if he proves unsatisfactory. I will gladly bring up such a law if it would please everyone and could solve future problems." He nods to Kio before breathing in slowly.

"Now the other question. I will admit I didn't do the right thing, nor will I claim that I did not do them. But I am but a human and we all make mistakes. This is of course no excuse for me to have broken the law and I certainly won't do plan on doing so again." Markus rubs his arm a bit, smiling around the room. "All I can do is ask for forgiveness and hope that you as everybody else gives me that. About the bias... I was intoxicated and not in the best of my moods at that time back then, but that as well is no excuse." He rubs the back of his head, smiling at Kio. "I hope this answer everything, and I hope you don't have too much of a problem with me being the new Arbiter. I will gladly step down if people thinkI am not good enough to serve Toro." He bows his head to her, finished.
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Crystal Ross adjusts the blue, ornate clip keeping her hair back before she stands, smiling lightly, and asks,

"Two questions, if I may. Since you don't have competition stumbling over you to answer," she jokes.

"The first one is is about science and technology. For years, Toro's been attacked by people misusing both. The prime example of this is Doctor Q-" She frowns and her tone seethes with anger for a moment- "and the monstrous torture he mistakenly views as science." After a deep breath, her expression becomes neutral. "As Arbiter, would you be comfortable outlawing certain kinds of research? I'm not a scientist, yeah, and I don't know what might work, but I want to hear your opinion on that. I also don't mean things like- for example, Doctor Q's work is illegal as assault and abuse too. But if he were doing it in a less painful way, with still evil results, it wouldn't necessarily be completely illegal, even if there are hoops to go through and weapons laws. My question's about the research specifically, independent of methods. And I'm sure there could always be exemptions allowed for to be flexible in case something falls under the law but isn't evil, yeah. So would you outlaw certain kinds of research, or have some other approach to fix that instead?" She smiles. "I'm, uh, honestly curious as to what kind of solution you have, I'm not quite sure what I'd do if I were Arbiter."

"My second question is... well, with Reaper Z, the Black Knight, and..." Her lip quivers, "...others," before she returns to smiling, if only a little, "Toro has been merciful. Really merciful. Even when lots of people were vengeful and angry, the government has been willing to rehabilitate people, and have them pay for their crimes by helping the world, instead of making them pay by only making them suffer. So my second question is, real broadly, what do you think? Do you prioritize mercy and rehabilitation, or... what some people would call justice?"
Foska

Markus smiles at Crystal while she smiles, nodding along as she speaks. When she is finished he goes to answer her, a smile still on his face. "Well Miss Ross, as it stands I would not tolerate any form of genetic mingling of pixelmon and human. We shouldn't play gods, we are but human. The things Doctor Q is doing, the 'Things' he is creating go against all laws of nature. I do not think that research like that should be allowed at all and I would outlaw it without a second thought. That's a very good topic though, I will have to adress that. Thank you Miss Ross."

He takes a drink of his glass of water before continuing. "The second question. If someone is able to recover, I will support the recovery. People certainly deserve a second chance, others though I think shouldn't or aren't capable of recovering." His face turns grim for a second before going back to his usual smile. "Doctor Q as one would in my eyes be uncapable of this recovery, he thinks his creations, his 'Angels' are beautiful beings, art or whatever he chooses to call them. I fought one before they are nothing less than abominations. And those Angels as well are uncapable of recovering, they are mindless beasts at this point and it would be the kindest thing to just put them out of their misery." He sighs and gives another smile to Crystal, finishing.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Edgar Penn would have stuck around for the other debates, and would have remained silent throughout most of them. He does, however, raise his hand, then stand up, hand still in the air as he looks to Markus. He smiles softly before speaking, lowering his hand to his side.

"Mr. Unterberg, I'd like to ask your opinion on the legality of organized vigilante groups. Do you consider them to be a nuisance, or do you consider them, if trained properly, an asset to Toro's defense?"
Last edited by Vernon on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foska

Markus would smile at Edgar through out his question, nodding as he is finished. "Well Mr. Penn, I currently see no problem in them, they helped in the past and I wouldn't mind them helping Toro and its people in the future. They are certainly an asset to our defense but I wouldn't let our country depend on only them. The RTMP is here to oversee the law and the Heroes will never be able to replace them." He takes a deep breath. "So no, I do not consider them a nuisance, but they should know they aren't the only people here to protect Toro." He ends his answer with another smile and nod to Edgegar and looks around the room, waiting for the questions.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Edgar would have remained standing, nodding as Markus answers.

"If I may," he begins, "I'd like to ask another question. What is your opinion of civilians that are not affiliated with the 'Heroes' attempting to aid the RTMP, even if it only causes more issues?"
Foska

Markus thinks on this question for a bit, tilting his head from side to side, before going to answer after taking a sip of his water. "Civilians, in my opinion, shouldn't get involved in RTMP business. Be it simple arrests to something dangerous like a raid on a Team Noire hideout. The civilians would most likely only get in the line of fire, get taken hostage, or just be in the way of the RTMPs work. The RTMP is here to keep civilian casualities as low as possible so if civilians were to join them that would work against that. So I would want no civilians on any form of RTMP work, unless necessary, for whatever reasons." He ponders for a few more minutes before continuing. "Although if we had something like a Militia or volunteer work and the civilians get accordingly tested and trained then I would be for selected civilians aiding the RTMP."

Return to “Regional Government Archives”