Reoccuring: Pixelmon Type Tournaments!

RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

Reoccuring: Pixelmon Type Tournaments!

These posters would be hung up in preapproved places within the cities should the mayors have given permission.

As well, an announcement would come over the radiowaves, the voice light and with probably the thickest Kantonese accent in all of Toro.

“Good Afternoons to all of Toro Region! I am Kagami Ishiin, Pixelmon Ranger and I am to be your host for Tyrian’s Pixelmon Type Tournaments! Starring this season, an’ every season of Summer and Winter, Tyrian City’s Battle Arena will be hosting special challenges for all trainers who are wishing to be proving their best without having to be relying on the same six pixelmon over an’ over.”

“We will be announcing one pixelmon type, and it is to be of your challenge to show that you are the master of all seventeen types. Winners are to be receiving ribbons as proof that they are truly the best of the best! Toro is having the gyms, and it is having the Adamas Dojo, now we are to give you types!

Be proving to all the region that you are the best! We will be seeing you there. Also, do not be thinking you can beat me as fighting type champion, heehee~”
Introducing Pixelmon Type Tournaments! Tyrian City shall be hosting a different type tournament every two irl weeks on Friday evenings EST, corresponding with /torotime’s Summer and Winter.

There will be two separate tournaments, the Minor Type Championship as well as the Major Type Championship. Each has their own ribbon that will be edited to have your character’s name, as well as the date placed on it.
Minor Type Championship: Levels 25-50 pixelmon
Major Type Campionship: Levels 51-100 pixelmon
These levels are NON-NEGOTIABLE. If you are in the Minor League and attempt to fight with a level 51, you will be disqualified. No exceptions. There is also a limit of three pixelmon per fight. When a type is announced, all pixelmon that have that type is allowed, even if it’s their second type. All moves that the pixelmon is able to legally learn is allowed.

Items: Only held items allowed. Anything the pixelmon is holding onto when they enter battle is it. Trainers cannot use revives, full heals, etc. Leftovers and gems are allowed.

Tyrian City’s Battle Arena will be the host to these events. This thread will update with a new poster for each new tournament. We hope to see some new champions!
Last edited by RiaLangset on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiaLangset

Re: Reoccuring: Pixelmon Type Tournaments!

"And with our first tournament, it will be in honor of the Festival of Lights! It will be my first time at this festival an' it is going to be so pretty with all the snow an' ice an' the stars! Hwaaaah, I am bettering all of Toro is much excited for it! To celebrate, our first Type tournament will be the ICE type! Please be bringing your coldest partners in a frozen showdown! Hot chocolate will be provided for the audience, but please be keeping them away from the pixelmon. We are thanking." Kagami's voice would trail off with a wistful sigh before the radio programs would resume their usual tunes.

-----------------

Friday, July 29th at 7pm EST will be our first Pixelmon Type Tournament!

Located in Tyrian's Battle Arena.

Good luck!
WINNERS!

Minor: Vincent LeGrand
Major: Lucas Conway
Last edited by RiaLangset on Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RiaLangset

"What an amazing fight! Kibo themselves has been honored by the display of ice today! It is with happy pleasure that it is time to introduce the new type! Dark type trainers, now is your time to shine! Er...kind of. You do not do the shine much. But come be creepy and fierce with our second type tournament! Coming at the end of Summer, prove that you are the darkest, strongest trainer of this scary type! We are hoping to see you then!"

August 13th, 7pm EST

RiaLangset

"It was a grand tournament! The youth had shown that the edgiest of all souls are the youngest ones! The Professor has gladly given up her tile as Dark Type master, retiring as she nears her 41st birthday! Congratulations to the Princess of edge Sakura, and the Queen of Edge, Amelia! It was a very fun fight, and a spooky one, with appearances from the Ryhorn riders! Our next type will be showing us the spirit of winter: Flying! With dozens upon many dozens of flying types, this will be a very tough fight to plan! Who will be soaring the highest, above the snow and clouds? Come find out!"

August 27th, 7pm EST

RiaLangset

"It was a true display of bug power! Johnny Nikitas has shown the world twice over that bugs aren't to be underestimated as our first ever double champion! If that tournament had you crawling in your skin, then put away your bug spray, because bug moves would be useless against our new type! In the cold of winter comes the biting edge of steel types! Now, I might be knowing a thing or two about steel types, but who will be coming forward and teach little old me about what roars atop Mount Aggron? Greet the new year with us with the armored giants of steel types!

-----------------

Sunday, September 26th at 7pm EST will be our Steel Pixelmon Type Tournament!

Good luck!
RiaLangset

The voice this time would be...Professor Mielke? How odd.

"An excellent display from all trainers whom participated. We have Amelia Aruji, whom won both the major and minor tournaments. The next tournament to be held is the Normal Type. As always, the pixelmon does not need to be a pure type to enter, as long as normal is in its typing somewhere. We look forward to quite the varied display of pixelmon abilities. Also, I am likely to be the host for the next tournament, pending Kagami's work as a Pixelmon Ranger.

-----------------

Saturday, October 8th at 7pm EST will be our Normal Pixelmon Type Tournament!

Good luck!
RiaLangset

"The winner from both tournaments is Amelia Aruji! She is moving fast to prove herself the champion of all types, but she's got a long way to go and we love to see new faces giving their all with their pixelmon! I dug up an old friend to tell you about the next tournament!"

"Hey, kid, can I get more of this coffee- wait, I'm on air? Shit. Well, hey, kiddos. Now that we are pushing the most boring type out of the way, I'm pretty stoked to introduce the... hold on... (yawning)...ah, sorry, late night. Anyway. Ghost type. Best type. Grab your spooks and put up your dukes, cause this isn't your daddy's graveyard rumble, kiddos. Here's a prediction for all of ya. Either I'm gonna win, or The Prof's gonna win. If any of you beat either one of us, I will eat my shoe. Peace. So, kaga, where can I get more of this coffee--"
The audio inexplicably errors out at that point, startling its listeners with a dull hum. A laugh is heard echoing within the radios before the station would return to its proper broadcasting, and Kagami and Osmund would both state it was only them in the recording booth.
https://soundcloud.com/ucemike/spooky-l ... k3-ambient

-----------------

Saturday, October 22nd at 7pm EST will be our Ghost Pixelmon Type Tournament!

Happy Halloween~
RiaLangset

A cheerful voice comes along on the radio, snagging the attention of all that would be within earshot. For many, some wondered if that voice would ever appear again in such an announcement. Kagami Ishiin was back on the air.

"O-hai-yooo~! I am back and I have been missing everyone! The blizzard has finally passed us by, and my crops barely survived! Ieeeeeee, it was a close one but the apple trees did allright and I am finally seeing the cute apple blossoms again! As the region is defrosting and trying to be finding itself again in the wake of disaster, the pixelmon type tournaments are finally returning! Life goes on, and we are strong. Join us again for a tradition that only stopped because someone dropped snow on us for a whole year! I have brought my friend to be telling you of the next tournament type! Be taking it away, Lily Dream!"

"Thanks Kagami! I hope you nerds are ready because this tourney is gonna be rollin! And more importantly ROCKING. That's right dudes, the type choice is the most down to earth rock steady unmovable always ready to rock ROCK TYPES! I hope everyone is ready and gets to trainin' because we're gonna move mountains this time! We hope to see some ONYXpected and BOULDER moves by the trainers this time! Rock on folks! Hey Kagami how was that? I told you I could make my own script!"

"Oh, and one more thing! We're moving our tournaments to Armaluna islaaaand! Come for the battles, stay and enjoy yourselves in the hot springs, the surfing, and maybe okay some of the shopping. Maybe a lot of shopping. There is a salon of hair I need to visit. Not to cut my hair, I am promising! Heehee."

=============================
Saturday, Febuary 11th at 7pm will be our Rock Type Tournament!
Refer to our rules on the first post.
Salsa80
MC name: Salsa80

The usual music of Tyrian radio was interrupted quite abruptly and all that followed was silence for a few minutes until several taps filled the speakers and ears of the listeners. A girl's voice soon followed. "Hey! Hi, uh- So- The uh, oh jeez. It's a real shame but the guy that usually runs the radio tower forgot his pants and had to, like, run. So you're stuck with me to make this announcement. I'm on the radio! Cool huh? Oh yea! It's Lily." Silence again until random sound effects and giggles. "Heh. That's cool. Anyway guys, Kagami's been like, really swamped so I brok- Err, came here for her to remind everyone about the Poison Type Tourney tomorrow at seven sharp! It's gonna be pretty cool so you better come. And I'm talking to you Arik! Anyway. The type tourney, tomorrow, poison. Train hard and good luck everybody!" More random sound effects until the music resumed.

(This is just a little reminder while Ria is busy that the Poison Type Tourney will still be going on tomorow (Saturday February 25th at 7 PM)
RiaLangset

"It is seeming we are on a roll! Kagami Ishiin here once again, and if a bit late to be announcing. Work calls and crops needed attention, you know how it goes. Anyway! At the end of winter, when the ground is at its hardest from the cold, it will be time to come to the island to escape the bitter cold and be enjoying another tournament! Bring your toughest ground types, and use all the earthquake you can. We can handle it, but will your opponents? Come find out!"

=============================
Saturday, March 11th at 7pm will be our Ground Type Tournament!
Refer to our rules on the first post.

Return to “Archives”