An odd letter.

TabulaRasa
MC name: Some_guy

An odd letter.

Somewhere in Lyuskoy. A simple cabin in the wilderness, three kilometers from the nearest town.

The door slams open, letting the wind and snow into the large room that comprises the entirety of the cabin's interior. A man coated in heavy furs steps inside, quickly slamming the door behind him and swinging the heavy wooden bar down. Across the room, a stone hearth plays host to a pair of Kadabras, one large and one small, neither of whom visibly acknowledge the new entrant.

A thought floats across the room. “Welcome back.” The man sighs slightly as he peels off his mask and coat. “Any visitors?” “Not since Mikhail came over to deliver the new bookshelf.”

The man slowly removes several layers of heavy clothing, eventually finding himself wearing little more than a woollen onesie and a thick beard. His hair is a greasy, shoulder-length mess that seemed as if it were once dark blond or light brown. He grunts slightly, sighing as he sinks into a large leather-bound chair next to the Kadabras. “How's the letter coming?”

“Typed it up as best we could,” the creatures thought in unison. “Are you sure we can't just move to some other city? We could change our names, nobody would recognize you at this point.” The man frowns. “You know as well as I do that we'd be killed the moment we stopped hiding. Better to just end things on our own terms.” The man sits up, looking towards the larger Kadabra. “Can I see it?”

The creatures nod in unison. A letter floats up from its' resting place on the room's sole desk, where it had sat next to a type writer for the past few hours. The man pulls it out of the air, and spends several moments reading it over. “It's good. I think she'll appreciate this.” The Kadabras nod silently, knowing what would come next.

The man stands back up. “Mikhail knows what to do. You two ready?” The Kadabras nod sadly. The man walks over to his desk, folds the letter in three and places it in an envelope. Picking up an envelope and a pen, he seals the letter in and writes down a name and country. “Let's hope the postal workers haven't lost their touch after all this time.” As he turns back to his silent companions, his mouth forms a slight smile for a moment, before returning to a grim frown. He walks over to the fireplace, retrieving the shotgun that had been hanging above the mantle for so long.

“You two first.” The Kadabras nodded once more. He first puts the barrel up to the smaller Kadabra's head. “Muninn.” Lead shot, coated in blood and telepathic brain, scatters into the fire in a messy spread. Tears form around the eyes of both survivors, as the smaller one presses his forehead to the gun. “Huginn.” Again, a spray of red mist coats the fireplace, this time all but extinguishing the crackling flame.

The man whimpers as he takes the final shell from the mantle. Breaking open the weapon, he pulls out the spent cylinders and replaces one of them. He sits down between his broken companions, putting the end of the weapon to his forehead, a thumb wrapped around the trigger. “I'm sorry.”

The letter eventually winds its way to Toro.

Agnieszka,

You probably hate me for what I did. You should.

In my time in Toro, I proved myself to be a monster. I broke international law, I broke national law. I treated my employees like crap because I though I could never be wrong. I was a horrible person who left behind a legacy built on pain.

I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you as a father. I was so caught up in the big picture, I failed to realize that there was a young girl waiting for me at home every single day, wishing for a father that was actually there for her. No words can truly excuse my pervasive failures in raising you.

If you ever feel the need to know what happened to me, ask Heather Holiday or Edgar Penn about Durandal. That was... One of the names I used. They'll know why I had to disappear.

Don't look for me, Agnieszka. By the time this letter reaches you, and I hope it does, I'll be dead. My body is in a place you will not ever find, and if you were to search for it, I would be completely gone by the time you found me.

I love you.

Stanley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[OOC]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a bit of a mental breakdown a while back. For what it's worth, I'm sorry about that.

I'm not planning on coming back, but... I wanted closure. I'm doing better these days. Found a new therapist, she's pretty nice. She suggested that I kill off my character here, so that's what I'm doing.

Hope you guys are all doing well. I don't know that I have any friends left here, but look me up if you want. Easiest way would be reddit PM, just look for my usual username.

Thank you all for the wonderful memories.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: An odd letter.

Dude, it's cool. Hope you're doing fine, and I hope this helps! Mental health is seriously important, and I'm glad you're working on it. GL to it all. If you need anything ever from me, hit me up at my usual stuffle.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Re: An odd letter.

Same as Rosy. If you need to talk man, whenever, my skype is now MirrorFence . Just let me know. I'm glad you're doing better.

Return to “Toro Region Archives”