Breaking News Broadcast Winter 1076

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Breaking News Broadcast Winter 1076

An surprise broadcast appears on TV news across Toro. It’s introduced as an announcement by the Paraspace Research Initiative.

[[ Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A67c7P-9VWY ]]

A young woman with light hair kept in a somewhat sideways ponytail addresses the camera directly with an expression of serious calm. She is not reading from a script.

“Good evening, fellow citizens. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Celeste Holiday, and I’ve been helping lead the region’s efforts in the ongoing- ongoing Paramon crisis.” She collects herself right away after stumbling over her words. “We have lost a city. We have lost our security. ...We have lost lives,” she says gravely. “...But we have not, and cannot, lose hope. Today I can bring you one more reason for it. I have the honor of showing all of you... the first photograph ever taken of a parallel universe.”

The broadcast cuts to a photograph:

Celeste speaks while it’s still on the screen.

“This is Paraspace, more specifically one of many realities.”

She lets that hang for a few seconds.

“This photograph marks the beginning of a new future... if we fight for it. Starting today, Initiative efforts will be moving toward human and Pokemon transportation into Paraspace. With luck, in a matter of months we will be ready to launch an expedition into this universe.” She takes a breath.“Thanks to the collective efforts of everyone in this region, we will not stumble into the dark. We will march into the unknown! We will face this menace, and we will turn tragedy into opportunity! I cannot promise you that this expedition will end our troubles. But I can promise it’s a start!”

The camera returns to Celeste. It’s not entirely clear on the television, but her eyes seem to be a little watery. She’s smiling hopefully.

“We will do this together. Our excursion will be a volunteer operation, and you will hear from me as soon as we’re ready. In the meantime, please don’t let this threat divide you, or take your eyes off of what’s important. Please continue to keep each other safe. ...Thank you.”

Return to “Toro Media”